RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Juiston stings the most, but I guess I'm not totally upset that these immediately illegible guys haven't panned out. Beverly would be a good fit, but there's part of me that wants to see what the young guys can do. If we could somehow land Morrow and add Shayok and Morrow to the core we are building on next year we could have a pretty damn good year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Juiston stings the most, but I guess I'm not totally upset that these immediately illegible guys haven't panned out. Beverly would be a good fit, but there's part of me that wants to see what the young guys can do. If we could somehow land Morrow and add Shayok and Morrow to the core we are building on next year we could have a pretty damn good year.

Yeah, I think Beverly will do just fine. Adding Morrow would make this a very successful class, with Shayok already in the fold (who I'm very, very excited about).

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
This one stings. He would've been perfect in our system. I also wonder, with our staff missing out on Juiston, that Brown factored that into his decision as well? Who knows? But, my gut feeling is that it was always going to be a west-coast decision for him anyway.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
It sucks we didn't get Juiston or Brown, but that's how it goes sometimes. Juiston seemed like a wildcard the whole time, and Brown has the opportunity to play at an elite (yes, more elite than us) program with little competition for playing time/offensive sets, that doesn't happen very often.

I think Prohm did a good job of giving us a chance with these guys and we shouldn't hold these misses against him. If we can get Morrow and one player that is eligible to play this year that is just half way decent I still think the off-season was a success. Bank the 4th scholly for a mid-year transfer and call it a year.

We will be in rebuilding mode next year, and that's ok. The program is going in the right direction.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
It sucks we didn't get Juiston or Brown, but that's how it goes sometimes. Juiston seemed like a wildcard the whole time, and Brown has the opportunity to play at an elite (yes, more elite than us) program with little competition for playing time/offensive sets, that doesn't happen very often.

I think Prohm did a good job of giving us a chance with these guys and we shouldn't hold these misses against him. If we can get Morrow and one player that is eligible to play this year that is just half way decent I still think the off-season was a success. Bank the 4th scholly for a mid-year transfer and call it a year.

We will be in rebuilding mode next year, and that's ok. The program is going in the right direction.

No thanks. Fill all four.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Based on what he chose, not in the least.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
9ReRvb8.png

this should get some riled up!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Based on what he chose, not in the least.

Agree. It would have hurt worse if he (Juiston) chose KU. By choosing UNLV, he chose irrelevancy. Missing on Brown has been the biggest miss IMO. Hopefully more players choose to make a move this spring and we find some that will be adequate to add with our young but talented team.