RECRUITING: Football commits

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Whattttttttt? You can teach technique, add some muscle / quickness and improve on toughness, BUT size coming in as freshmen is the key to everything in my humble [cough, hack] opinion.
It was simply making light of my overlying point that we have much bigger bodies now. Just because you are a big body doesn't mean you are a D1 starter.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
It was simply making light of my overlying point that we have much bigger bodies now. Just because you are a big body doesn't mean you are a D1 starter.

True, agreed. But big tall wide bodied olinemen coming in is just as important as the foundation of a house. Without a good foundation, you don't have much of a house. You can put in expense flooring, fixtures, and wonderful paint combinations but eventually the house will have structural issues and fail. No different with oline, you can lift them, gain weight, and teach technique but they will fail either in performance or with an injury without the body size.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
You are if you are the most agile, mobile, and hostile player at your position. There are a limited number of truly elite players on each roster. Otherwise the guys out there fit my criteria listed above.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
NOTE: THE *** DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING EXCEPT THAT THERE'S A NEW LINE. THEY DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH STAR-RATINGS. THEY ARE PURELY THERE TO MAKE THE LIST LOOK SOMEWHAT ORGANIZED.

2018 Commits

*** Will McDonald
*** Brayden Narveson
*** Corey Dunn
*** Re-al Mitchell
*** Trevor Downing
*** Anthony Johnson Jr.
*** Zach Ross
*** Jaeveyon Morton
*** Carson Schleker
*** Christian Young
*** Gerry Vaughn

Admittedly I have nothing to add in regards to recruits, but I was just going through some threads I rarely read and the NOTE on this first post made me chuckle. Why not just make this an unordered list and remove the entire "note" section?

Okay, that is all. Now back to getting stoked for the season's first Monday Media Conference.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
If beating OU at their place and TCU this year don't help our recruiting efforts I don't know what will.

What a different perception if we played for the Big12 championship.

Reactions: xr4ticlone

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
That is great news. 3 way battle in the spring for the starting Roll.

cyattack69

Oct 5, 2017
Probably around the same chance we move Noland because he got beat out by a walkon...none.
lol chill...why so aggressive? I know you're a fairweather fan...but Re-al is a duel-threat QB..he runs arguably better than he throws. He got benched this year in place of a Sophomore. The difference between a pocket qb and a duel threat are -duel threat qbs are generally faster have superior agility, etc.. Also..he's listed anywhere from 5'10- 5'11 1/2...so hes not the 6'4 or 6'5 qb that Noland and Kempt are, so height isnt ideal. Hopefully, hes the next Russell Wilson, but I dont think so.

Be nicer.

Reactions: skibumspe

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron