RECRUITING: Iowa State earns commitment from former LSU CB Ryan Robinson Jr.

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
RECRUITING: Iowa State has earned a commitment from former LSU cornerback Ryan Robinson Jr.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Interesting he walked on at LSU despite having a really good offer list. Looks to be a good addition.
LSU is pretty legendary when it comes to defensive backs. I can imagine he just had lots of talent ahead of him and he's looking to find the field on a good team. ISU putting defensive backs in the league couldn't have hurt.

T-oh double D

Jan 20, 2024
Great pickup by CMC and company! I suspect he wanted to play for LSU since he was a kid since he was from Baton Rouge, but maybe too much talent ahead of him. Hopefully he can contribute and be another great Cyclone that gets to the league.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Impressive pick up. Love what this coaching staff are doing.
I think he starts potentially and Myles Purchase is the other starting corner,
Jontez Williams could play the nickel / inside slot corner.

This was an area of need. I think Myles Purchase could also be awesome at nickel so maybe this guy and Williams can be the outside boundary corners. This staff is just crafty at getting late pickups and transfers. Prior staffs would not get a guy like this.

Reactions: demoncore1031

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

This was an area of need. I think Myles Purchase could also be awesome at nickel so maybe this guy and Williams can be the outside boundary corners. This staff is just crafty at getting late pickups and transfers. Prior staffs would not get a guy like this.
The most important thing to me about this is that he solidifies depth. I’m confident now that we have four corners who can play, without relying on one of the true freshmen—however good they may or may not prove to be this Fall.

Also sets us up really nicely for ‘25, instead of scrambling to find a transfer then.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Great pickup by CMC and company! I suspect he wanted to play for LSU since he was a kid since he was from Baton Rouge, but maybe too much talent ahead of him. Hopefully he can contribute and be another great Cyclone that gets to the league.
New Orleans, but close enough.

When was the last kid we got from Louisana?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

He's gotta beat Porter out or Purchase. Not saying he won't see playing time but those are two good upperclassmen corners.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

Don't forget about the other CB transfer we landed. Bess, I think his name is. He's probably a backup or a 3rd stringer, and I could see Robinson being a 2nd stringer. Watch out for David Coffey as well. He will need work on his coverage skills, but he is gonna be a big time player for us in 2-3 years. I always feel like we have 3 decent corners every year, sometimes 4, but this year it looks like we will have quite a bit of depth.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone1209