RECRUITING: Re-al Mitchell commits

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Re-al's parents were on American Gladiators, ain't no Big 12 foe gonna scare this kid!

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I'm just going to say it. He looks like Russel Wilson. A legit QB prospect, not a guy we are going to switch to WR. Glad he chose us.
Agreed. Plus we will be fully stocked up at slot WR anyways. Deshaunte is still young. Josh Johnson would be better suited in the slot but could play outside as well. Milton will be a slot guy. I think Galban will be a slot guy. Mitchell looks like a very legit QB.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
So, some fans can watch that highlight reel and their primary response is, "He'd be great at WR."

I'm all-in with that, with a caveat — Is he allowed to throw to himself?

I'm not sure what people are looking at when they say he would be a great WR. The kid is a great quarterback. Yes, he's a little undersized but hell, so was Seneca Wallace. A lot of times you get a mobile quarterback like him and the first bit of pressure they immediately look to scramble. What I like about Re-al is that he keeps his eyes down the field and numerous times was smart enough to step up in the pocket. All while still trying to throw the ball first not run. His velocity on the 1, 3, 5, 7 outs is promising as well for a junior in high school. From the few interviews I've seen, he's a very bright kid too.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Count me in as a fan of Re-Al MItchell. This young man wants to be a Cyclone and is outspoken about bringing others with him. What is he, 17? And has this kind of desire for leadership? Bring me every football player you can find that has his level of talent, personality and will to succeed. I wish I had been this driven when I was that age. I can't wait to watch him from my SEZ seat!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So, some fans can watch that highlight reel and their primary response is, "He'd be great at WR."

I'm all-in with that, with a caveat — Is he allowed to throw to himself?
With that kind of speed he just might be able to. ;)

Seriously, though, why would anyone be concerned that we are getting too many QBs when the staff is essentially getting one per class? You need at minimum two who are ready to play at the Big 12 level and generally that is not a redshirt freshman so that means a soph, a junior and a senior. How often does ISU have a starting QB who goes the whole season without an injury that does (or should) make them miss a start? Do you want to go into the game(s) he misses without a second QB ready to step in behind that week's starter? And those numbers are assuming that every QB that comes in pans out, doesn't miss a whole season due to serious injury or transfer out. One QB per class should be the absolute minimum.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I would take a 6ft kid with heart and skill over a 6'4" guy without it every day. It's not like he's 5'3" and will be running around the field in Prince's lifts.

Plus this is college football, not the NFL. Plenty of ways to be a great QB in college. You don't have to be the "prototype" body and take 1,000 hits every year.

I will trust CMC that he's got a good one. At his point, Re-al is a Clone, and he's family now.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I would take a 6ft kid with heart and skill over a 6'4" guy without it every day. It's not like he's 5'3" and will be running around the field in Prince's lifts.

Plus this is college football, not the NFL. Plenty of ways to be a great QB in college. You don't have to be the "prototype" body and take 1,000 hits every year.

I will trust CMC that he's got a good one. At his point, Re-al is a Clone, and he's family now.

I'm 6'-4" (6'-5" in the right shoes ;) ) and believe me you wouldn't want me as QB. :D

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm 6'-4" (6'-5" in the right shoes ;) ) and believe me you wouldn't want me as QB. :D
My makes-me-6'5" boots:
6f398e955398324c__35968.1403702743.500.659.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: NickTheGreat

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Re-al's parents were on American Gladiators, ain't no Big 12 foe gonna scare this kid!

Just his mother was on American Gladiators. His father was on a competing show ... something with Knights in the title but I can't remember the exact title. His mother's contract was not renewed for dating him, is the scuttlebutt.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I don't know why people freak out when these threads get bumped. It's not that hard to read the thing before jumping to conclusions.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Just his mother was on American Gladiators. His father was on a competing show ... something with Knights in the title but I can't remember the exact title. His mother's contract was not renewed for dating him, is the scuttlebutt.

Didn't I read his Dad was USMC Force Recon? Those guys are the Marine Corps equivalent of the Navy Seals and the like, if I understand that correctly. Two power parents, unquestionably.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Didn't I read his Dad was USMC Force Recon? Those guys are the Marine Corps equivalent of the Navy Seals and the like, if I understand that correctly. Two power parents, unquestionably.

Sorry, there isn't any equivalent to Navy Seals from the Army, Airforce or Marines. Not that I could do any of those either. However, I did the pre-test for the seals when I was in the Navy. They literally tie your arms behind your back and feet together and make you bob (push off the bottom to come up and get air) in 10 feet of water. I visited Coronado Island in San Diego to see the training facilities. When I saw the hole they put you in that restricts your movement and cover you up. Right then I knew I was too big of a &:$$? to do that.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Sorry, there isn't any equivalent to Navy Seals from the Army, Airforce or Marines. Not that I could do any of those either. However, I did the pre-test for the seals when I was in the Navy. They literally tie your arms behind your back and feet together and make you bob (push off the bottom to come up and get air) in 10 feet of water. I visited Coronado Island in San Diego to see the training facilities. When I saw the hole they put you in that restricts your movement and cover you up. Right then I knew I was too big of a &:$$? to do that.
I thought the Army Rangers and Green Berets were kind of the equivalents? I know that's probably too much of an oversimplification

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I thought the Army Rangers and Green Berets were kind of the equivalents? I know that's probably too much of an oversimplification

They all train together, the seals are just a more Flagship organization. The Isreali special forces are rumored to be the real BA's of the world. Probably holds a lot of water since that's where most special forces joint training assemblys are held.

As far as barbaric training goes, the Spetznaz or the North Korean special forces are rumored to be the most brutal. Spetznaz break you from emotional boundaries and the North Koreans practice body hardening, which if you haven't watched videos, it's not for the light of heart.

• Informative
Reactions: cyfan21

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron