RECRUITING: "The way Iowa State treats me is better than any other school has," says '25 RB Gabe Fields

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
"The way Iowa State treats me is better than any other school has." - Had a great talk with Gabe Fields this week, hope y'all enjoy!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
"It was great to see how people can just come together and support a team.”

Hope he hasn't been perusing the CF message boards this week. Not exactly a supportive environment here.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
This thread is sad.
This staff has done a great job identifying talent before other coaching staffs, getting in on recruits early and sticking with them through the recruiting process. This very thing has won over a number of recruits that ended up blowing up. Just because ISU was the first to offer doesn't mean they will end up being the last to do so. even if that remains the case, there are still players like mike rose. You win some, you lose some. don't aid is ISU losing some.

I hope he doesn't read these boards. It is like some of you are trying to chase away recruits you know nothing about.

Times are tough, don't make it worse by putting down recruits the staff clearly wants.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
"It was great to see how people can just come together and support a team.”

Hope he hasn't been perusing the CF message boards this week. Not exactly a supportive environment here.

This thread is sad.
This staff has done a great job identifying talent before other coaching staffs, getting in on recruits early and sticking with them through the recruiting process. This very thing has won over a number of recruits that ended up blowing up. Just because ISU was the first to offer doesn't mean they will end up being the last to do so. even if that remains the case, there are still players like mike rose. You win some, you lose some. don't aid is ISU losing some.

I hope he doesn't read these boards. It is like some of you are trying to chase away recruits you know nothing about.

Times are tough, don't make it worse by putting down recruits the staff clearly wants.
I'm going to try very hard to hold my criticism for the rest of the season. I'm usually positive but have been a bit negative of late.

It's only natural though. Iowa State fans are passionate. We want better. The players and coaches will continue to do their best and what they think is best. Me in my armchair lazyboy, doesn't always know what that is.

I think most fans are really pulling for Coach to turn the corner again.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So when he says “ The way Iowa State treats me is better than any other school has.” there are no other schools?
Probably the same schools that hounded me 100 years ago. Baker, Nazerine, Waldorf. I only name names because it was everyday

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So when he says “ The way Iowa State treats me is better than any other school has.” there are no other schools?
Does Iowa give offers to every recruit who has visited? There is your answer using your team as an example. Stay in the ISR sections.

Reactions: fcclone