Recruits & Transfers

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Something like that. I couldn't remember which one
What I heard was that Kerk wanted to come work out with Kyven and Zadick either ignored his request or told him no . Thought Schultz was a lock .

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
One of the guys I knew on the team at the time said KD would show them some technique, then Zadick would run a practice, bad mouth Dresser and say his technique was trash and teach them something completely different. Sounded like Zadick thought he was the head coach and did not listen very well when told to shape up

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
One of the guys I knew on the team at the time said KD would show them some technique, then Zadick would run a practice, bad mouth Dresser and say his technique was trash and teach them something completely different. Sounded like Zadick thought he was the head coach and did not listen very well when told to shape up
I heard that also

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
What I heard was that Kerk wanted to come work out with Kyven and Zadick either ignored his request or told him no . Thought Schultz was a lock .
Kerk left Okie state, called ISU and said he wants to come down with the family the coming weekend.

Was told to wait until the fall when the big recruiting weekend was going to be. We all know how that turned out.

That was just the tip of the iceberg as far as reasons

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Kerk left Okie state, called ISU and said he wants to come down with the family the coming weekend.

Was told to wait until the fall when the big recruiting weekend was going to be. We all know how that turned out.

That was just the tip of the iceberg as far as reasons
So at least my info was partially right- don't always know who knows what and how much. of it to believe.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
He’s a tough kid , everyone I know who has worked with him likes his attitude and effort .
Just wanted to add that I was at an Easter thing with my wife's family and one of the relative's kids goes to Hammerin Hawks - their kids love this guy - went on and on telling stories about stuff he does at practices. That's a positive in my book.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Michael Beard (Penn State) is in the transfer portal. Not a need at 197 with Yonger, but some team will get a former AA inserted into their lineup
I didn’t realize Dean had another year . Sucks for Beard but he’ll find a good landing spot .

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Michael Beard (Penn State) is in the transfer portal. Not a need at 197 with Yonger, but some team will get a former AA inserted into their lineup
And he still has 3 years left. Good for him, at least one of these guys decides to high tail out of there and go chase the dream. Oregon state has done well building off the portal lately. Most teams have a good 197 right now I wonder where he ends up.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

Gantry

Jan 24, 2022
Illinois has a good greco RTC as well though if he's going 133 they have Lucas Byrd there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron