Recruits Visit?

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
How did the visit go with the recruits? Did anyone see or talk to them? Hopefully they went to the game and were impressed.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Big weekend for all sports. Came in and was right next to Prohm who had guys. Looked behind him and Metcalf was on his phone with a group of guys. Didn't look real close so I'm not sure who was there. We were in a hurry, but the son didn't say if he recognized anybody, so there were probably more out of staters there.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
https://cyclonefanatic.com/2018/10/wrestling-iowa-state-lands-in-state-two-time-champion/

Wrestling.jpg

AMES —
I think it is Broderson, Carlos, Serrano, Burks & Hageman

isit

Feb 9, 2014
Stopped in at the tailgate on Saturday.Things have a positive feel. The excitement of a new staff last year has been replaced a bit with more confidence as we soon start a new season. Nice to talk to a a few of the 4-5 recruits and families. Glad they saw a good football experience. Goofy--This is the second time i have seen Randy Lewis at a function. I don't get the connection there. Concern--watching Sammy chow down on a hot dog.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Stopped in at the tailgate on Saturday.Things have a positive feel. The excitement of a new staff last year has been replaced a bit with more confidence as we soon start a new season. Nice to talk to a a few of the 4-5 recruits and families. Glad they saw a good football experience. Goofy--This is the second time i have seen Randy Lewis at a function. I don't get the connection there. Concern--watching Sammy chow down on a hot dog.

Was Jim Gibbons there? That could be the connection with Randy Lewis. Those two are pretty tight socially and I've seen them at ISU functions together before. Also Lewis would have still been training and hanging around in IC when Dresser was wrestling there so they may be buddies as well.

Honestly, I think Lewis is just kind of a free spirit and you never know where he might show up.