Recruits

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Any recruits in for the game today? I didn't hear anything and unfortunately couldn't go to the game.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Kai Bele of Florida might of been there today.
Flo has Kai as the #13 overall Junior.
Flo projects him at 184, but staff thinks he will be 165

Last edited:

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Man, a couple of kids there that we were after on some level. I can't call it a "loss" as there are other talented kids out there but I think it goes to show how big of a challenge we have to get back to respectability.

BTW, who was it that insisted earlier this spring that Iowa was a dying program and on the way down?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Man, a couple of kids there that we were after on some level. I can't call it a "loss" as there are other talented kids out there but I think it goes to show how big of a challenge we have to get back to respectability.

BTW, who was it that insisted earlier this spring that Iowa was a dying program and on the way down?
I love Reeves and Anderson. We need Ridge Lovett to keep pace and continue to build depth at the lower weights. Almost all top 2019 recruits are locked up already. Jace Luchau and/or Turley would be huge too. Jace fills a bigger need.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I love Reeves and Anderson. We need Ridge Lovett to keep pace and continue to build depth at the lower weights. Almost all top 2019 recruits are locked up already. Jace Luchau and/or Turley would be huge too. Jace fills a bigger need.

Has Jace ever visited Iowa State? I was under the impression that he would be Carr's weight and not a high priority. Not sure on the plan for Carr; I kind of assumed he will stay at 157 for a while and was told 165 is a priority weight

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Which of those we were after? The schrievers were a lock to Iowa. There was never any doubt there. It's like saying I was after Cindy Crawford in college. Wasn't going to happen, I could take a flier but there was 0 chance.

VirginSturgeon

Sep 13, 2017

What is considered respectability to you is the key component to that statement I guess? The team should be much improved this year and it is trending in the right direction. Respectability for me would be top 20 this year and continued improvement in the coming years.

• Agree
Reactions: HitItHard58

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
What is considered respectability to you is the key component to that statement I guess? The team should be much improved this year and it is trending in the right direction. Respectability for me would be top 20 this year and continued improvement in the coming years.

It might not have been the exact word I should have used, to be honest. Maybe I should have said prominence.

Which of those we were after? The schrievers were a lock to Iowa. There was never any doubt there. It's like saying I was after Cindy Crawford in college. Wasn't going to happen, I could take a flier but there was 0 chance.

We made a hard run at him and developed strong ties. Not saying you're wrong but a serius effort was being made which was made which was a element of my point.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It might not have been the exact word I should have used, to be honest. Maybe I should have said prominence.

We made a hard run at him and developed strong ties. Not saying you're wrong but a serius effort was being made which was made which was a element of my point.

Let’s just say some people have been known to talk to competitors to get better deals elsewhere. I have extremely good sources here. At least we maybe tied up more of Iowa funds to make it possible to offer more to a more realistic option.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Has Jace ever visited Iowa State? I was under the impression that he would be Carr's weight and not a high priority. Not sure on the plan for Carr; I kind of assumed he will stay at 157 for a while and was told 165 is a priority weight
No. I know there has been interest there from Jace, but the money isn't there to get him here it sounds like. They could be interchangeable at 57/65, I just don't think it's going to happen.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
You're so dramatic

Probably. We are doing just fine I think. Was just noting that we can have a stud recruit on campus consistently for visits and practices that include our coaches but there's a huge draw to the east and seemingly on the snap of a finger a decision is made, that's tough to overcome. It's one of the challenges for sure and it's on display here.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
It will be kind of cool to see in a couple of years how the Iowa boys progress and battle each other. Thomsen (Nebraska), Reeves (ISU), Teske (PSU), Schriever (Iowa). I like our chances

I think Schriever and Thomsen will have the most successful careers of 4 mentioned above. Reeves will be very solid but I don’t expect much more than him being a round of 12 guy if we are lucky. As far as Teske goes I think he will have a good career at Grandview.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron