Remaining Schedule

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
*rankings from Intermat as of Jan 3rd

Decided to look at the remaining matches for our guys with the 7 duals we have remaining. Lots of exciting matches and challenges for the remainder of the year before we get to tournament time!

125:
  • Noah Surtain (Mizz) #10
  • Troy Spratley (Okie State) #20
  • Trever Anderson (UNI) #26
  • Colton Camacho (Pitt) #28
  • Kysen probably needs to go 2-2 against those ranked guys while winning against all the unranked kids to officially secure a bid for NCAAs
133:
  • Daton Fix (Okie State) #3
  • Julian Farber (UNI) #22
  • Vince Santaniello (Pitt) #29
  • Kade Moore (Mizz) #33
  • Frost should only lose to Fix the rest of the year and has a great shot at being the 2 seed in Tulsa
141:
  • Tagen Jamison (Okie State) #7
  • Cael Happel (UNI) #8
  • Jordan Titus (WVU) #10
  • Mosha Schawartz (Oklahoma) #15
  • Joshua Edmond (Mizz) #21
  • Cole Matthews (Pitt) #27
  • Very difficult schedule for Ech. No real slouches on this list, but he (in my opinion) should beat everyone on this list and potentially be the 1 seed in Tulsa.
149:
  • Ty Watters (WVU) #9
  • Jordan Williams (Okie State) #19
  • Finn Solomon (Pitt) #25
  • Logan Gioffre (Mizz) #28
  • Willie McDougald (Oklahoma) #29
  • Whenever Casey gets back healthy, I don't see him losing to anyone on this list and he has a great shot at being the 1 seed in Tulsa
157:
  • Brock Mauller (Mizz) #10
  • Ryder Downey (UNI) #13
  • Teague Travis (Okie State) #23
  • Difficult tests against Mauller and Downey. I expect him to go 1-1 in those matches, win the remaining matches, and probably be a 4-5 seed in Tulsa. However, with how he is wrestling, I wouldn't be shocked if he won out either and we see him in the finals in Tulsa
165:
  • Keegan O'Toole (Mizz) #1
  • Izzak Olejnik (Okie State) #2
  • Holden Heller (Pitt) #8
  • Peyton Hall (WVU) #11
  • Cael Carlson (Oklahoma) #31
  • I expect David to win every match the rest of the regular season. O'Toole is really damn good, but I don't see David losing his last match in Hilton on senior night. March will be fun.
174:
  • Peyton Mocco (Mizz) #6
  • Luca Augustine (Pitt) #15
  • Brody Conley (WVU) #17
  • Brayden Thompson (Okie State) #28
  • Tate Picklo (Oklahoma) #29
  • Jared Simma (UNI) #30
  • Great challenge for Gaitan the rest of the year. In order to qualify a spot for the Big 12, I think he probably needs to go 4-2 with this schedule. 3-3 might sneak a spot, but MJ needs to compete well with this schedule.
184:
  • Parker Keckeisen (UNI) #1
  • Dustin Plott (Okie State) #3
  • Clayton Whiting (Mizz) #11
  • Reece Heller (Pitt) #13
  • Dennis Robin (WVU) #24
  • Jacob Armstrong (Utah Valley) #30
  • Tough schedule for Feldkamp. I think he probably goes 3-3, losing to Plott and Keck, and then one of Whiting or Heller. He should take care of business against the other guys.
197:
  • Stephen Buchanan (Oklahoma) #2
  • Rocky Elam (Mizz) #3
  • Luke Surber (Okie State) #12
  • Mac Stout (Pitt) #15
  • Wyatt Voelker (UNI) #19
  • Evan Bockman (Utah Valley) #22
  • Real tough schedule for Julian. If he can win 2 of these ranked matches, I think he qualifies a spot for the Big 12s. Needs to win Friday against Bockman (which will probably be a very boring match)
Hwt:
  • Zach Elam (Mizz) #6
  • Dayton Pitzer (Pitt) #9
  • Konner Doucet (Okie State) #11
  • Josh Heinselman (Oklahoma) #15
  • Tyrell Gordon (UNI) #17
  • Yonger should win out, but Pitzer and Elam are tough. If he can stay out from under Elam and Pitzer, he should win those on his feet. Pitzer was close to a takedown against Yonger last time they wrestled, but the way Yonger is wrestling I won't be betting against him

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
A good look at how much tougher things get in a hurry for the guys.

The obvious questions here is when are Frost and Casey back? Seems like they are out for different reasons.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm trying to put some of these rankings into perspective. How many D-1 wrestling programs are there?

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
At 141 with Haeppel....are you saying ech has gotten that much better since Vegas? Or Ech just had tournament fatigue? Haeppel pretty much controlled that whole match.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
At 141 with Haeppel....are you saying ech has gotten that much better since Vegas? Or Ech just had tournament fatigue? Haeppel pretty much controlled that whole match.
It was Ech’s first time making 141 back to back days. I think he’s also wrestling better now than he was in Vegas. We’ll see in a few weeks, but I like Ech in a rematch

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023

Decided to look at the remaining matches for our guys with the 7 duals we have remaining. Lots of exciting matches and challenges for the remainder of the year before we get to tournament time!

125:
  • Kysen probably needs to go 2-2 against those ranked guys while winning against all the unranked kids to officially secure a bid for NCAAs
133:
  • Kade Moore (Mizz) #33
  • Frost should only lose to Fix the rest of the year and has a great shot at being the 2 seed in Tulsa
141:
  • Cael Happel (UNI) #8
  • Jordan Titus (WVU) #10
  • Very difficult schedule for Ech. No real slouches on this list, but he (in my opinion) should beat everyone on this list and potentially be the 1 seed in Tulsa.
149:
  • Ty Watters (WVU) #9
  • Whenever Casey gets back healthy, I don't see him losing to anyone on this list and he has a great shot at being the 1 seed in Tulsa
157:
  • Ryder Downey (UNI) #13
  • Difficult tests against Mauller and Downey. I expect him to go 1-1 in those matches, win the remaining matches, and probably be a 4-5 seed in Tulsa. However, with how he is wrestling, I wouldn't be shocked if he won out either and we see him in the finals in Tulsa
165:
  • Peyton Hall (WVU) #11
  • I expect David to win every match the rest of the regular season. O'Toole is really damn good, but I don't see David losing his last match in Hilton on senior night. March will be fun.
174:
  • Peyton Mocco (Mizz) #6
  • Brody Conley (WVU) #17
  • Jared Simma (UNI) #30
  • Great challenge for Gaitan the rest of the year. In order to qualify a spot for the Big 12, I think he probably needs to go 4-2 with this schedule. 3-3 might sneak a spot, but MJ needs to compete well with this schedule.
184:
  • Dennis Robin (WVU) #24
  • Tough schedule for Feldkamp. I think he probably goes 3-3, losing to Plott and Keck, and then one of Whiting or Heller. He should take care of business against the other guys.
197:
  • Rocky Elam (Mizz) #3
  • Mac Stout (Pitt) #15
  • Real tough schedule for Julian. If he can win 2 of these ranked matches, I think he qualifies a spot for the Big 12s. Needs to win Friday against Bockman (which will probably be a very boring match)
Hwt:
  • Zach Elam (Mizz) #6
  • Yonger should win out, but Pitzer and Elam are tough. If he can stay out from under Elam and Pitzer, he should win those on his feet. Pitzer was close to a takedown against Yonger last time they wrestled, but the way Yonger is wrestling I won't be betting against him
It’s too bad that 165 is a murderers row. This is going to be a long slog instead of a coronation.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016

125:
133:
  • Kade Moore (Mizz) #33
141:
  • Cael Happel (UNI) #8
  • Jordan Titus (WVU) #10
149:
  • Ty Watters (WVU) #9
157:
  • Ryder Downey (UNI) #13
165:
  • Peyton Hall (WVU) #11
174:
  • Peyton Mocco (Mizz) #6
  • Brody Conley (WVU) #17
  • Jared Simma (UNI) #30
184:
  • Dennis Robin (WVU) #24
197:
  • Rocky Elam (Mizz) #3
  • Mac Stout (Pitt) #15
Hwt:
  • Zach Elam (Mizz) #6
Really wish Frost had a few more tests in the 5-15 range this year.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
what are the requirements to qualify for the big 12s
Every wrestler competes at Big 12s. There are requirements for a wrestler to earn an allocation nationals. For example, there might be 5 guys that earn an allocation at 125 out of the Big 12. That means if you place 5th or better at Big 12s, you would punch your ticket to NCAAs. Each conference earns a select amount of allocations at every weight, and then generally every weight has 4-6 "at-large" spots for wrestlers that earned an allocation, but did not place high enough to automatically qualify for NCAAs.