Alert: REMINDER/WARNING - on site rule

CYinPA

Oct 18, 2010
I'll see if I can help clear this up a bit. In the good o' days we had the option to give positive rep and negative rep. If you notice most everyone has full green bars of rep. Back then you could lose green bars and actually go the other way into the red.

Many hatted it and saw it as an attack but it really kept several people in check as they didn't want to be in the red or lose their green bars.

Then again many trolls loved to fill up the red bars as fast as they could.

There was also a time when the negative rep was anonymous - you wouldn't know who dinged you (those were fun days!). Also a time when it would say who dinged you even if they didn't leave a comment.

I just miss the fun it was to have the option of going either way with the rep :yes:

Speaking of neg rep, another site I am on has neg rep. It works like this though: When you neg someone, you also lose a point, so it hurts you as well and you need to be committed. I sure as hell would go for that.

Wow, that sounds awesome. I would love to see this.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
As long as they lose whatever amount of rep they would have gotten had I given them positive rep and I only lose one rep point, I say go for it. :biglaugh:

haha, no kidding. im all for that too. I might even be willing to give the rep'd user some credits.