Remote Phone call conferencing

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Calling all tech Geeks. I'm looking for a better solution. I have a new employee working remote and I want to be able to join in (or listen) to his calls for training.
We both have Galaxy S20 phones through Verizon. I have been using the call merging feature but when the customer answers and you hit Merge Calls there is 2-3 seconds of dead time which is annoying and confusing for the customer. Also, I don't want to use a VoIP system
Any suggestions??

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Calling all tech Geeks. I'm looking for a better solution. I have a new employee working remote and I want to be able to join in (or listen) to his calls for training.
We both have Galaxy S20 phones through Verizon. I have been using the call merging feature but when the customer answers and you hit Merge Calls there is 2-3 seconds of dead time which is annoying and confusing for the customer. Also, I don't want to use a VoIP system
Any suggestions??

Doing this remotely, I don't think there is another way. I've worked in the telephony industry for 20+ years. If you were in the same place, there would be more options. I could be missing something because I'm now used to working with VOIP solutions.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Any suggestions??
Do you actually need to step in and speak or are you exclusively listening and then just discussing with the employee later? In that case I would think you could go a call recording path instead of trying to merge in to a conference call. May open up some additional options.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Do you actually need to step in and speak or are you exclusively listening and then just discussing with the employee later? In that case I would think you could go a call recording path instead of trying to merge in to a conference call. May open up some additional options.
No I typically do not need to speak but want to listen. Can you expand on "call recording path"?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Any suggestions??

Have you tried merging while the phone is still ringing? That's what we've done in the past when wanting to do a 3 way call and there's no noticeable dead time to a customer

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
I was on a call like that on Tuesday, lasted 45 minutes. Worked out perfect. A company from California, I think. About 25 guys on the call. We are having it once a month for the rest of the year.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Have you tried merging while the phone is still ringing? That's what we've done in the past when wanting to do a 3 way call and there's no noticeable dead time to a customer
We tried this this morning and the "merge call" feature did not become available until the 3rd person answered. Again , we have Verizon. Who is your carrier?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We tried this this morning and the "merge call" feature did not become available until the 3rd person answered. Again , we have Verizon. Who is your carrier?
Does it make the whole conversation go dead? Or if it’s just a lag for you, have them do a standard introduction that lasts at least 3 seconds so it kills that time while you connect.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Can you two be on the call to start and then merge in the client?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Does it make the whole conversation go dead? Or if it’s just a lag for you, have them do a standard introduction that lasts at least 3 seconds so it kills that time while you connect.
If appears that the person on hold can hear the person originating the call but the last person to get on call cannot hear anyone else while it connects.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I think he's saying record the call and listen later.
Yeah, this is what I was suggesting. Just look into whatever legal requirements you have to notify the other party that the call may be recorded for training purposes.