Renting CY For a Kids Bday Party???

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
So my daughter turns 6 on June 15th and has asked to have a Cyclone birthday party. Do any of you know if ISU rents out Cy for bday parties? If so, who would I contact? She would absolutely flip out if he showed up to her party.

Reactions: IcSyU

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
Thanks clonedmax! It looks like I may still have time to get my request in and hope for approval. I may look into how I can get an one of the ISU inflatable obstacle courses.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
She was able to sing the whole fight song by herself by the age of 3. You should have saw the face of the people next to me when she belted it out at her first football game. They were amazed!

That's amazing. I didn't even know the words to the fight song when I was in college. I only know it now because, after having kids, we have a cyclone kids' book we read to them that has the fight song in it. At least our children have learned it an early age.

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
So my daughter turns 6 on June 15th and has asked to have a Cyclone birthday party. Do any of you know if ISU rents out Cy for bday parties? If so, who would I contact? She would absolutely flip out if he showed up to her party.

:notworthy:You are my idol. I hope my kids will some day live up to these new expectations that I have of them. (I do not currently have kids)

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
A part of me would be disappointed if our mascot could rented out like a birthday party clown, magician or pony. I'm all for the theme, but really - Cy can not be bought! No need for anymore clown references. But in any case Happy Birthday to your daughter - sounds like she is on the right track!

Last edited:

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
A part of me would be disappointed if our mascot could rented out like a birthday party clown, magician or pony. I'm all for the theme, but really - Cy can not be bought! No need for anymore clown references.

Cubby Bear makes birthday pary appearances. Do you have the same view on that? I don't look at it like a party clown, magician, or pony. He's making an appearance #1 to help promote the ISU athletic brand and #2 to help make a kids day that he showed up to the party. Cy isn't being bought, he's being paid for a community service!

Reactions: NWICY

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Cubby Bear makes birthday pary appearances. Do you have the same view on that? I don't look at it like a party clown, magician, or pony. He's making an appearance #1 to help promote the ISU athletic brand and #2 to help make a kids day that he showed up to the party. Cy isn't being bought, he's being paid for a community service!

I thought Herky was occupied with court ordered community service! :wink:

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
She was able to sing the whole fight song by herself by the age of 3. You should have saw the face of the people next to me when she belted it out at her first football game. They were amazed!
Love it! I'm working on my 3-year-old son right now. He likes to request the "Cy Song" (fight song) for one of his bedtime songs. He does a pretty good job of singing most of it by himself.

However, he is at the fun age where half the words get replaced by "butt" and then he collapses in a fit of giggles. Part of me is thinking he'll never outgrow this, will he?

• Haha

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
That's amazing. I didn't even know the words to the fight song when I was in college. I only know it now because, after having kids, we have a cyclone kids' book we read to them that has the fight song in it. At least our children have learned it an early age.
I know it was the first song I learned.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Check with Dbronco.....rumor has it he was the head mascot for a couple years :wink:

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

I sang the fight song to our daughter when she was a baby, usually to get her to stop crying. No books, recordings, etc. but babies don't care whether you're in tune.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Answer:
So my daughter turns 6 on June 15th and has asked to have a Cyclone birthday party. She would absolutely flip out if he showed up to her party.

Question: What is something my 6 year old would never say?

My kids are all about the MU Tigers due my wife going to Mizzou

• Sad

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Yep... this is the way to go. Cy's done Wedding Reception appearances, birthdays and all sorts of stuff. It helps the squad raise money to purchase props and new suits to keep Cy looking good at all times. And I beleive the cheer and pom squads also do appearances... I think...

Cy does wedding receptions? That is really cool.