Renting CY For a Kids Bday Party???

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
Cy will appear basically where ever u want if you put up the money.... Im a pretty reliable source on this topic as some of you know

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I got a 2 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter...crap, does any have the fight song tabbed out on guitar? This gets done tonight in the mustangcy household!

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Answer:

Question: What is something my 6 year old would never say?

My kids are all about the MU Tigers due my wife going to Mizzou

Sounds like you have some work to do along with getting the wife to knock that junk off.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
Yep... this is the way to go. Cy's done Wedding Reception appearances, birthdays and all sorts of stuff. It helps the squad raise money to purchase props and new suits to keep Cy looking good at all times. And I beleive the cheer and pom squads also do appearances... I think...
That would have been awesome to know, oh, about 6 years ago. But I'm pretty sure Cy was busy at the Ohio game that night.

Oh well, we still had our reception at what used to be Hunky's -- neon palm trees and all. :biggrin:

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
I think it's a great idea. I was at a wedding two weeks ago here in Madison. Bucky and 6 or 8 band people came in. They played a few fight songs, danced around, and hung out for a lot of people to take pictures. Though I'm not a fan of Bucky the Badger, I think the idea was really neat.

CPG4ISU

Feb 22, 2024
Figured I'd bump this thread 15 years later/

Has anyone rented CY for an event recently? I found on the Spirit Squad page of ISU Athletics where you can request, but they didn't have anything about pricing so I wondered if someone had a general idea about the range.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Figured I'd bump this thread 15 years later/

Has anyone rented CY for an event recently? I found on the Spirit Squad page of ISU Athletics where you can request, but they didn't have anything about pricing so I wondered if someone had a general idea about the range.
Looks like $350 an hour for Cy - $450 for Cy and Spirit Squad

Reactions: CPG4ISU

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
That might be expensive. Plus, do you really have parking for 7 busses and two equipment trucks?

You probably could get a portion band (not in uniform) for a couple of cases of beer though.
It would be interesting to see how music department management would handle band members being "paid" to perform with beer.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Alumni band probably will do it for case of Busch lite.;)
Support the cause. Ames Lager or nothing. Honestly though the Alumni band does perform at some stuff around the metro every now and then. Bet they would be willing to send a call out for people if you are willing to throw some money towards their scholarship funds.