Help: Reputation levels

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
As someone who is more elderer than jaretac - I'd recommend you ignore his insane ranting.

christ, based on his post ISUfan22 would basically be Moses at this point.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Disbursing? Perhaps you are losing points for strange use of the English language.

I think we also need a bar indicating percentage of correct spelling. Weekly high totals get a coupon from Erik.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We don't know if 2k is the trigger? With all do respect getting to 2k won't do much to catch up with me and a lot of the other "old timers" on here.

I'm not saying that I'm the measuring stick to which all other members should be measured and I'm in no way dishing anyone. I don't pay attention to the rep bar or post count, in most cases, but I do believe that people should respect their "elders". In this circumstance the "elders" are the ones with the highest rep count or "value".

To be honest, there is a level above me still that is not getting recognized apart from me and they should. Cyclonepride is an example of that. Do you really think that you have been as "valuable" to CF than Cyclonepride or even I? According to the Green bars you have been, but stats could be thrown out there to prove otherwise.

As I said I'm not dishing you or anyone else. The content of a post means more to me than how many green cubs, rep statements or post counts. However, should someone with 97k rep points and 23k posts be viewed with the same "value" as someone with 400 post and 1.8k rep points? I argue no. Nor should Cyclonepride and I be viewed with equal value.

normal_CocaineRickJames.jpg

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
You serious Clark?

As far as I'm concerned we should get rid of the rep system. My point is, however, that current triggers are set too low for CF if we are going to have them. Does it really make sense to have the same number of green bars for

97000 rep points and 1800 rep points
24000 posts and 400 posts

I would guess that 90% of the posters on CF have all the green bars. I just think that if we are going to have the bars they should be set up to better measure posers on CF. I know that I would likely lose some bars, but I know I don't contribute as much as others so I'm okay with that. That is what the bars are designed for.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
As far as I'm concerned we should get rid of the rep system. My point is, however, that current triggers are set too low for CF if we are going to have them. Does it really make sense to have the same number of green bars for

I would guess that 90% of the posters on CF have all the green bars. I just think that if we are going to have the bars they should be set up to better measure posers on CF. I know that I would likely lose some bars, but I know I don't contribute as much as others so I'm okay with that. That is what the bars are designed for.

I'm with this guy, it's an absolute outrage.

Let's burn this reputation establishment to the ******* ground!

Reactions: SenorCy

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX

I prefer a picture of Cartman from Southpark with a "Respect My Authoritay!" Followed by a "Screw you guys, I'm going home!", but this works, I guess.

I am Kenny in all things CF for my elders have spoken.

"You Bastards! You Killed Kenny!":jiggy:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Does it really make sense to care about something that is meaningless?

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I got an idea. Lets just change the recruiting stars so that 90% of players have 5 stars.

Would that be an outrage? Would it matter? Not really.

Would there be threads complaining about it on CF? Absolutely!

It doesn't matter if we mark every player with 5 stars because that won't make any player preform any better or worse. The rankings on CF don't matter because it won't change how the person posts.

Still, if you are going to assign a value to it, it should at least match the scale. Recruiting rankings do this for the most part. Yes there are some that are miss-represented, but if it wasn't close people wouldn't care how many stars a player has.

The same should be true for the reputation bar. And if it doesn't matter enough to correct it, then why do we have it?

Remember I'm the one that said we should just get rid of it. I'm not the one that started this thread or spent my time looking up how it works. I'm just making an observation.

If it doesn't matter, what's its propose? If it does matter, shouldn't we change it?

Last edited:

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
I got an idea. Lets just change the recruiting stars so that 90% of players have 5 stars.

It doesn't matter if we mark every player with 5 stars because that won't make any player preform any better or worse. The rankings on CF don't matter because it won't change how the person posts.

Still, if you are going to assign a value to it, it should at least match the scale. Recruiting rankings do this for the most part. Yes there are some that are miss-represented, but if it wasn't close people wouldn't care how many stars a player has.

The same should be true for the reputation bar. And if it doesn't matter enough to correct it, then why do we have it?

cuz it makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Remember I'm the one that said we should just get rid of it. I'm not the one that started this thread or spent my time looking up how it works. I'm just making an observation.

If it doesn't matter, what's its propose? If it does matter, shouldn't we change it?

You are now comparing recruiting rankings to a reputation bar on a message board?
You are so far off the reservation I'm done.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I don't really care about positive rep, but I want negative rep back. If not that, if we could simply vote to give a particularly irritating poster a cone of shame, I'd be cool with that.

Hopefully it would look like this:
istockphoto_9174891-man-wearing-dog-cone-holding-mini-swedish-flag.jpg

But only around the wrists to prevent typing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron