Return of the Pirate

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I just moved so a bunch of my stuff is packed up. I need to find my pirate flag from my deck for his return tonight.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Might be fun to see what he is running for an offense these day, but Wazzu just does not have the talent to compete with BYU.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Might be fun to see what he is running for an offense these day, but Wazzu just does not have the talent to compete with BYU.

Texas Tech didn't have the shear talent to compete in the Big 12 either when they were winning 9 or more games. Mike Leach is a genius offensive mind. Between he, Rodriguez, and the established Kelly, the Pac 12 will see a huge hike in football quality. I think Wazzou will get beat but not by a lot. They had a fairly prolific passing offense last year as well. Halliday could be a monster under Leach.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Texas Tech didn't have the shear talent to compete in the Big 12 either when they were winning 9 or more games. Mike Leach is a genius offensive mind. Between he, Rodriguez, and the established Kelly, the Pac 12 will see a huge hike in football quality. I think Wazzou will get beat but not by a lot. They had a fairly prolific passing offense last year as well. Halliday could be a monster under Leach.

Looks like Leach is pulling on some quality players. A few from last year, and more in this year's class. He had a quality 4* receiver as part of last year's class, but I just don't think they will be ready yet. It might take a few years for them to get up to speed and understand the complexities that are Mike Leach.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He has a decent QB back from injury this year, Wazzu is much further down that Tech was when he took over but I still think he'll get them competitive. The Pac-10 is nothing special as a conference, if you can score points, you can win. I always liked Leach, I really like him now that he's out of the big 12.

CycJosh

Aug 30, 2012
The press conference or the game is on ESPN? :D Won't BYU run all over them? Then again Leach is a great coach.