Riley Moss gets smoked by Chase Brown at Senior Bowl

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

This reply to the tweet is pretty spot on.. Moss was a very good college corner.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It will be interesting. The Ints are a combo of playing a ton of zone. He’s a really good zone DB. He’s got good measurables that suggest he can translate, but he has played a lot more like an NFL safety. I wouldn’t use the fact that X got the best of him when they matched up as evidence he’s overrated. Two really good players going at it.

Moss/Iowa also feasts on abysmal B1G QB play too.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Iowa State fans think Riley Moss sucks because he's white. That's pretty much it.
Ya, I don't know how you can make an argument that he sucks through any objective measure. Some people definitely have preconceived notions because he's a white corner though. I think it's only a small vocal minority of Iowa State fans that think he sucks. Pretty tough to make an argument that a 3rd round draft pick wasn't a good football player in college.

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Ya, I don't know how you can make an argument that he sucks through any objective measure. Some people definitely have preconceived notions because he's a white corner though. I think it's only a small vocal minority of Iowa State fans that think he sucks. Pretty tough to make an argument that a 3rd draft pick wasn't a good football player in college.

I don't think he sucks but I definitely think his stats are inflated by weak QB play and front 7 that is incredibly easy to play behind. I don't think his game translates to the NFL real well.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't think he sucks but I definitely think his stats are inflated by weak QB play and front 7 that is incredibly easy to play behind. I don't think his game translates to the NFL real well.
He will be a Safety within 24 months. I think he could be a really good safety though, so not really a knock.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Doug Piranha

Oct 13, 2021
Honestly he made hay on a couple multi int/ multi pick 6 games in his career. And he ran a good 40 at the combine to trick a team into drafting him super high. I thought all of Iowa's draftees, sans van Ness, went disproportionately high. LaPorta a high 2nd round pick is probably the most egregious. He is an alright tight end, but he isn't even on Charlie Kolars level. Lions reached horribly on him.
22rw.gif

Reactions: dexterhawk