NFL: Romo out 4 weeks, broken pinky finger on throwing hand

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Dallas is in trouble (healthy Romo or not), period.

I've been saying it almost ever week and no one wants to buy it.

This team has no sense of urgency. No undying drive to win. Tenacity is just not there.

I hated the way Dallas finished games against the Browns and Packers - too "happy-go-lucky". I was criticized because I should just enjoy the win.

Bullcrap. This team is showing the same signs already this year that were shown in the 2nd half of the season last year.

Not good.

Only saving grace is perhaps there is plenty of time to fix it. This "easy-street" team attitude starts at the top and if Wade not only wants to win, but also keep his job - he'll instill a little more discipline and drive in this team...now.

Perhaps now that Romo is out, guys will step up and realize these games will decide their fate come January.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Does that mean Brad Johnson is going to be the starter? Wow. Great guy, but his arm strength is gone. Get ready for a TO eruption. Brad has trouble with 20 yard passes.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Dallas is in trouble (healthy Romo or not), period.

I've been saying it almost ever week and no one wants to buy it.

This team has no sense of urgency. No undying drive to win. Tenacity is just not there.

I hated the way Dallas finished games against the Browns and Packers - too "happy-go-lucky". I was criticized because I should just enjoy the win.

Bullcrap. This team is showing the same signs already this year that were shown in the 2nd half of the season last year.

Not good.

Only saving grace is perhaps there is plenty of time to fix it. This "easy-street" team attitude starts at the top and if Wade not only wants to win, but also keep his job - he'll instill a little more discipline and drive in this team...now.

Perhaps now that Romo is out, guys will step up and realize these games will decide their fate come January.

I am shocked that they've done as well as they have the past couple of years. Yeah, they definitely have the talent. But, I think Wade Phillips is just worthless as a head coach. He inherited the team that "Tuna" built and has reaped the rewards. It's going to come out eventually, with or without Romo that he's a fraud. He'll probably be gone mid-season next year, as will T.O. and it will be back to the lab again...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't dislike Wade, I think he's an ok coach. I don't think he's a good coach however and I said that they day he was hired. The guy looks like he should be selling insurance or wandering the beach with a drink in his hand - not coaching football.

Smart guy, just does not have that killer instinct and discipline I prefer to see in coaches. And when you watch Dallas play - it's clear those things are lacking.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
wow. this is huge. I wonder if he'll be back in time for the Skins game. They ought to beat St. Louis. Probably won't win at NY, and Tampa is a toss-up. Then again, with Brad Johnson at QB... I don't know how to finish that sentence. It might be bad.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It's easy to forget Brad is 71-51 as a starting QB in the NFL and has a SB ring.

However, I'm still not feeling good about this at all. With the offensive line playing, offensive...and Brad not having the moves Tony does - the 3rd QB may want to get ready.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I saw a good bit of the Cowboys preseason games, as they were all on local TV. In those games, Brad Johnson did not look good, at all.

The Cowboys pass protection has not exactly been stellar this year. Romo makes alot of plays because he can use his footwork to avoid the pass rush. This does not describe Brad Johnson.

Phillips/Jones could be on the verge of a Childress-type blunder here in not having an adequate back-up to step in...

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
If Brad Johnson takes as many hits next week as Romo took this week I would look at the 2 Deeps and see if there was some room for Dauntee because Brad may be broken in two.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's easy to forget Brad is 71-51 as a starting QB in the NFL and has a SB ring.

However, I'm still not feeling good about this at all. With the offensive line playing, offensive...and Brad not having the moves Tony does - the 3rd QB may want to get ready.

It's very easy to forget his record if you watched his recent stint with the Vikings. Johnson is nowhere close to the qb that won the Super Bowl. Say goodbye to your vertical passing game, Dallas, BJ has no arm. I mean none. I'll give you accuracy on the short stuff. That, he's got. And he's a smart qb, but this is not a guy who can just step into the same system that Romo was playing. Witten should benefit, as well as Marion Barber, but the deep pass threat is nearly gone.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
WOO HOOO!! I so want to see the Cowboys not make the playoffs somehow this year. Yesterday was a good start.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
WOO HOOO!! I so want to see the Cowboys not make the playoffs somehow this year. Yesterday was a good start.

Geez. What a selfish attitude to have.

But on the other hand...

Has anyone thought about the effects this will have on my fantasy team?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Are those of you bad-mouthing Brad Johnson the same ones that were doing the same to Gus Ferrotte a couple weeks back?

He seems to be handling it in Minny, Brad will be better than advertised imho

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron