NFL: Romo out 4 weeks, broken pinky finger on throwing hand

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If is in need of comedy, visit the Cowboys scout.com board.

I agree that Brad won't be nearly as bad as some think - but he has the potential to be horrid. He also has the potential to be pretty good and give this team a shot in the arm.

Absolutely, positively must start running the ball. Getting Newman back in the secondary would help too, but that may take a while.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
There goes my fantasy team. And I was leading the league...my backup is Matt Ryan.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Absolutely, positively must start running the ball. Getting Newman back in the secondary would help too, but that may take a while.

They tried to run the ball against the cards ... I want to say something like 8 of their first 10 plays were runs to Barber (for virtually no gain).

In fact for all his attempts yesterday Barber only had like 46 yard, thank God for his recieving production (mostly on 1 catch).

Felix Jones is out for at least a week with a hammy ... that could hinder him all season long.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I said this last year at the end and I'll say it again.

The Cowboys cannot run the football. Last year they just abandoned it. This year their line is finally starting to show their relative age (not a lot of young blood there). I think losing Jones will hurt in the short term more than Romo because he is a heck of a change of pace back. It opens up toss and stretch plays more just because he can get to the corner quicker than Barber.

I thought, and still do, that Garrett was a good hire for OC but he seems too content to abandon the run if the pass game starts to click for a driver or two. You cannot do that in the NFL and expect to have consistent success. One or two games, maybe. Past that, teams figure it out.

Johnson might be a blessing in disguise. There is a chance he comes in, acts like the veteran he is, and gets this offense rolling and acting like they have some intensity. I really, really doubt it however.

ISUFan is right...coaches need to fire these boys up and make them put the pedal to the metal.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Please don't compare Gus to Brad Johnson. Gus still has a gun. He can make the deep throw. Brad is not the player he was 3 years ago even. I watched a lot of Vikes games, his arm is noodle strength. Get ready for 9 in the box. Dallas couldn't establish a running game with Romo. With Brad at the helm, yikes. Good luck with that.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Are those of you bad-mouthing Brad Johnson the same ones that were doing the same to Gus Ferrotte a couple weeks back?

He seems to be handling it in Minny, Brad will be better than advertised imho

Did you watch Frerotte yesterday? He looked very slow and immobile. If the Vikings were playing anybody other than the Lions and their abysmal offense, they would have been in a world of hurt...

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Did you watch Frerotte yesterday? He looked very slow and immobile. If the Vikings were playing anybody other than the Lions and their abysmal offense, they would have been in a world of hurt...

Watching that game was like watching paint dry. The Lions proved that if you stop AP, you will have a VERY good chance at beating Minnesota.

As for Dallas, they have looked average the last 3 weeks now. Things will likely get worse without Romo.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Watching that game was like watching paint dry. The Lions proved that if you stop AP, you will have a VERY good chance at beating Minnesota.

Yeah, I didn't realize until the games were all going that I had 3 guys on my fantasy team going in that game (AP, Longwell, Calvin Johnson). The Eagles didn't play til 3, and those were the only 3 players I had going in the early games, so I ended up watching most of that snoozefest. If I had paid closer attention, I may have spread it out, so I didn't have to watch. It was amusing listening to the Vikings fans boo after pretty much every offensive play and possession...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron