Roster is updated. Looks great.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Thoughts from initial roster:
  • I thought Corey Cabanban was done with wrestling. Surprised he is still on the roster, but would provide depth at 125
  • 133 will be an interesting battle between Noonan and Ramazan. Frost has the potential to push here and maybe get a dual or two in before 2nd semester to preserve his redshirt. Is Redding willing to cut down if/when Swiderski beats him out for 141?
  • 157 will be a fun battle between Judge, Cam, and Kraisser. Will be curious to see if Gaitan cuts down to try and challenge them or just redshirt and train behind David for 2 years
  • 174 will also be fun to watch with Devine, Broderson, and potentially Rojas challenging for the spot. Devine looked like he is going to be out for a little bit from the Stalemates video, but not sure how long
  • 125, 141, 149, 165, 184, 197, Hwt all seem set before the season with 133, 157, and 174 the main weight battles for the starting spot

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
The only surprise I saw was Cabanban. I thought he was done. I guess another surprise was that the first photo is a shot of Attasauov’s rear end. I guess it could be worse choice of photo if it was of him on his back.

Pumped for the season! (No pun intended)

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Thoughts from initial roster:
  • 133 will be an interesting battle between Noonan and Ramazan. Frost has the potential to push here and maybe get a dual or two in before 2nd semester to preserve his redshirt. Is Redding willing to cut down if/when Swiderski beats him out for 141?
  • 174 will also be fun to watch with Devine, Broderson, and potentially Rojas challenging for the spot. Devine looked like he is going to be out for a little bit from the Stalemates video, but not sure how long
I'm hearing Swiderski is taking it to Redding and if Redding wants a spot he needs to go 133, but will obviously be a challenge. He may not be the most organized or determined to get there.

With Devine being out for some time, Broderson is showing promise in the room. Rojas is looking good as well for a true freshman but sounds like coaches are really impressed with Gaitan. I thought potentially 157/165, but Gaitan's name was brought up in the 174 discussion.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
From matches I saw of Judge at 165 and Cam at 149/159, I'd be surprised to see Judge not win the spot. Let's see what Kraisser has to offer. Already been brought up by Cabanban was with the graduates last year even though he has years left. Good to see him back

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I would put 60% chance Kraisser, 20% Judge and 20% other. They know what Judge will give but need more if they want to compete at the level they expect.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I would put 60% chance Kraisser, 20% Judge and 20% other. They know what Judge will give but need more if they want to compete at the level they expect.
Looking at his wrestlestat profile shows a loss to a Minnesota kid I’ve never heard of and a 14-4 loss to Iowa kid Jack Thomsen 14-4. If that’s better we are in trouble!

cywr89

May 14, 2009
You going to single out a couple losses have fun going through Judges bad losses the past few years. Kraisser didn’t wrestle much last year due to recovery from injury. I’m not saying Kraisser is going to be an AA but definitely has more upside than Judge. I actually think Euton may be the best option but it will depend on his mat development.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
The only surprise I saw was Cabanban. I thought he was done. I guess another surprise was that the first photo is a shot of Attasauov’s rear end. I guess it could be worse choice of photo if it was of him on his back.

Pumped for the season! (No pun intended)
I'm happy to see Cabanban still in the room. That kid has improved a ton every year and will continue to push for a starting spot. I'm excited to see if he can continue to show improvement (same for Kysen & Knopick)

Reactions: Boxer007

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron