Royce White back in Ames

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Understand some can't get past his personal life (as evidenced by the Cave thread) but his year in Ames is one I'll never forget.
He was so dominate at times and that team was so fun to watch.

I'll also remember him coming back to play in the Cap City League. Seeing him up close like that and just how big he is, was nuts. Then he hung around afterwards for a long time to sign autographs and take pictures.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Understand some can't get past his personal life (as evidenced by the Cave thread) but his year in Ames is one I'll never forget.
He was so dominate at times and that team was so fun to watch.

I'll also remember him coming back to play in the Cap City League. Seeing him up close like that and just how big he is, was nuts. Then he hung around afterwards for a long time to sign autographs and take pictures.
I’ll remember him as a hell of a BB player and nothing else. Him and Deonte Burton are my 2 favorite ever Cyclones.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I know not all are on board with Royce's views on the world post college, but on the court that dude was one of a kind. Such a legend and part of the Hoiberg rebuild!!
Phenomenal player to watch and glad he played a year in Ames. Undoubtedly the best year of basketball of his life. It's shame the way he chose to approach things professionally since then. Dude has lost out on making millions. I know he would justify it somehow with some long winded gobbledygook, which is the biggest reason I have stopped following him.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Royce is a perfect reminder that athletes come in all sorts of personalities. We celebrate them on their offense or defensive talents and expect them to be perfect on the court......and off. Que Charles Barkley: Athletes should not be roll models. Sure we all want the Niangs, Morris' ,Purdy's and Lazard's who are dominate on the field as well as model human beings in civilization...... but that isn't the way Athletics work.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Royce is a perfect reminder that athletes come in all sorts of personalities. We celebrate them on their offense or defensive talents and expect them to be perfect on the court......and off. Que Charles Barkley: Athletes should not be roll models. Sure we all want the Niangs, Morris' ,Purdy's and Lazard's who are dominate on the field as well as model human beings in civilization...... but that isn't the way Athletics work.
I don't expect athletes to be perfect off the court.
My biggest criticism of Royce is identical to that of Ronnie Harris. One big issue they both share.

Status
Not open for further replies.