*RUMOR* why is Park taking a leave of absence?

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
What the hell...What the hell in hell?!?
fail-ouch-bad-day-oLDvzUfUbNFyU

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
He will be back next week.

And to those wondering why Campbell didn't tell Birch the truth - he was wanting to hide this from Oklahoma much, much more than he was wanting to keep it from our fan base.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I disagree our chances of beating KU decrease drastically without Park. With Park it'd be like 90% win and without it's at best 50%.
It's no where near that, and if I'm wrong the season was over before this.

Nevertheless, it doesn't have anything to do with how CMC handled this. Using this as an opportunity to question CMC's tenure is nothing more than pushing a prejudice and an existing narrative

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He will be back next week.

And to those wondering why Campbell didn't tell Birch the truth - he was wanting to hide this from Oklahoma much, much more than he was wanting to keep it from our fan base.

If true, he’s really handling this wrong. I don’t give s flying **** if he misled the media (although to think Oklahoma finding out yesterday vs today matters is stupid.) But if he’s really back next week then call it a 1 game suspension and be done with it. Saying a leave from the team makes it sound like he’s one step from a mental hospital or not functioning due to drugs. And then he comes back in a week and everything is solved.

• Dislike
Reactions: ExCyment

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If true, he’s really handling this wrong. I don’t give s flying **** if he misled the media (although to think Oklahoma finding out yesterday vs today matters is stupid.) But if he’s really back next week then call it a 1 game suspension and be done with it. Saying a leave from the team makes it sound like he’s one step from a mental hospital or not functioning due to drugs. And then he comes back in a week and everything is solved.

They weren't supposed to find out until tomorrow at 11.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They weren't supposed to find out until tomorrow at 11.

Well no ****. But it didn’t break until yesterday and they confirmed it today. And it wa never going to matter much.

But the rest of my point still stands.

• Dislike

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It could have been more like Campbell and/or Park putting a line in the sand. Campbell might have said that if Park wanted to remain on the team, he would have to accept a suspension, but Park said FU, so Campbell took that as an indication that Park had "taken leave of the team."

• Disagree

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Get a grip.

So if he doesn't come back in a week it's okay to call it a leave from the team? You've got to consider that maybe they don't know when he'll be back. Why would he call it a suspension if he didn't suspend him? Deeming Park needs an indefinite amount of time to get well is not the same as suspension, nor should it be announced as one.

• Agree
Reactions: ILikeCy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Even with Park I was expecting us to get blown out at OU but if this is a multi-game absence it has me worried what the moral will be like the next week against Kansas. If we lose to KU at home things could turn ugly quick. KU has still put up points in their losses so even playing a backup QB you can't take anything for granted in the Big 12.

The most important thing though is if Jacob Park is going through a tough time that he has a good support system around him that helps him through it. As frustrating as it is as a fan to see this happen now there are a lot more important things in life than a football game.

• Agree
Reactions: Yellow Snow