Rutgers...

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
looks like in the thread I read the OP was a quack and literally every other person had very good things to say about ISU as a school and football team.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
I've been reading that site too.

I kinda got the feeling some of them aren't happy with Schiano? At the risk of sounding like everybody who said we were idiots for firing McCarney, do they realize who they are? He's averaged 8 wins a year over the 6 years!

Oklahoma State is our SUPERBOWL!!!
ScarletNation.com - Message Boards

I got a good chuckle out of that post when I first saw it.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Think about it - how excited would you be to play a 6-6 team if we finished 8-4? I think they're handling it respectfully. Some of you are so sensitive to anything that might be construed as a negative comment towards ISU... yet you'll trash the heck out of Rutgers in the next breath.

They seem like an OK bunch from the few posts I read.

Reactions: Clonefan94

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Haha. This thread is going to be getting laughs out of anyone who lurks here. Who do we think we are?

Reactions: Clonefan94

ManofCyience

Nov 22, 2011
Ames
Are they aware that their conference is dead and they aren't on any conference's list of teams to add? The reason: they are Rutgers. :jiggy:

Kidding. The more posts I read the more level headed there fanbase sounds (with a few expectations). Best of luck to Rutgers not getting left out of a conference

Last edited:

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Think about it - how excited would you be to play a 6-6 team if we finished 8-4? I think they're handling it respectfully. Some of you are so sensitive to anything that might be construed as a negative comment towards ISU... yet you'll trash the heck out of Rutgers in the next breath.

Yeah but we are in the Big 12. Their best team (WVU) was ranked 23 heading into their conference championship and that team is leaving them for our conference. I feel if anything we should be disappointed, but I am definitely not disappointed in playing them. It will be a good, winnable match up for us. We would have at least gone 8-4 in the Big East. Should be relatively even between the teams.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Overall, they seem like a good fanbase with a few nuts(-to be expected).

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Are they aware that their conference is dead and they aren't on any conference's list of teams to add? The reason: they are Rutgers. :jiggy:

The Big 10 was looking into adding them. Rutgers has great academics. Also, weren't they like undefeated or something like that a few years ago?

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston

They play in the freaking Big East.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
But yeah....seem like an intelligent and respectful bunch. Hopefully some of them find there way over here to discuss the game.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Yeah....seem like an intelligent and respectful bunch. Hopefully some of them find there way over here to discuss the game.

Overall that's my impression as well. Especially for a Rivals board they seem pretty even keeled and excited for a bowl.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron