Ryan Clanton to be new offensive line coach

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Ryan Clanton is expected to be named Iowa State's newest offensive line coach. Guy has an insanely positive resume.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
giphy.gif

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
As compared to UNI, I would hopw ISU gets higher level talent and bodies that are more ready. Hopefully this will lead to him puting more kids in the NFL. I'm expecting great things in a couple years for the line. This year could be another tough one, but will definitly be better.

Reactions: mb7299

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
You absolutely got a good one. He's great with kids, he relates to them extremely well and does an incredible job recruiting as well because he likes what kids like (HUGE pro wrestling and video games guy). He's the right guy for a developmental program like you have to be at Iowa State. He'll get the most out of kids that nobody else thought could be anything.

Spencer Brown and Trevor Penning both came in under 240 pounds and 4 years later he had a day 1 starter in Buffalo that should've been drafted way before the 3rd round and the first UNI kid to ever go in the 1st round that's going to be the Saints LT for the next 12 years.

The best part is that your getting a great person. All you need to know about his integrity is that he was still on the road doing in-homes for UNI yesterday. I remember when Scott Frost left UNI and he literally packed up his office and left half an hour after a loss in the semifinal and quit returning Farley's calls immediately. Clanton was still out there trying to make sure that UNI was in good shape even after he's gone. Hell, UNI and ISU open the season next year.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
As compared to UNI, I would hopw ISU gets higher level talent and bodies that are more ready. Hopefully this will lead to him puting more kids in the NFL. I'm expecting great things in a couple years for the line. This year could be another tough one, but will definitly be better.
I think we've recruited sufficient talent- it's the development that's been lacking. Hopefully Ryan gets along well with the new strength coach.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You absolutely got a good one. He's great with kids, he relates to them extremely well and does an incredible job recruiting as well because he likes what kids like (HUGE pro wrestling and video games guy). He's the right guy for a developmental program like you have to be at Iowa State. He'll get the most out of kids that nobody else thought could be anything.

Spencer Brown and Trevor Penning both came in under 240 pounds and 4 years later he had a day 1 starter in Buffalo that should've been drafted way before the 3rd round and the first UNI kid to ever go in the 1st round that's going to be the Saints LT for the next 12 years.

The best part is that you’re getting a great person. All you need to know about his integrity is that he was still on the road doing in-homes for UNI yesterday. I remember when Scott Frost left UNI and he literally packed up his office and left half an hour after a loss in the semifinal and quit returning Farley's calls immediately. Clanton was still out there trying to make sure that UNI was in good shape even after he's gone. Hell, UNI and ISU open the season next year.
I can second this. I’ve talked to a couple former UNI players, one former OL. From what they tell me, this guys the real deal. Like a home run. The players love him and he’s an ace recruiter.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I can second this. I’ve talked to a couple former UNI players, one former OL. From what they tell me, this guys the real deal. Like a home run. The players love him and he’s an ace recruiter.
Based on this post I forgot a significant piece. He should have an easier time recruiting talent to ISU. That's a huge needed bonus. Good point on the "Ace Recruiter".