Saturday tournament schedule

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
here are your time windows

View attachment 125830

North Carolina is in the Charlotte Thu/Sat pod; Kentucky is in the Pittsburgh Thu/Sat pod. It's impossible to know for certain, but if North Carolina and Kentucky win, their games will be 2 of the 3 first Saturday CBS games. Big national TV audience for a couple blue bloods.

• Winner
Reactions: ClubCy

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
I am using Sling TV...stinks as this is one of the channels not on the more "sports" package. I'll just add that package this weekend and cancel after and it'll cost a few bucks.

This happens every year...one game on Tru and have to find a workaround
Hulu live plus has it.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Since those first 2 games are stand alone games expect them to put a blue blood if available or a tv draw with a storyline. This will 1000% be Michigan St/UNC if that ends being the matchup and then a sexy 3/6 matchup in the other one.

If they go with Michigan State/UNC in the 11 or 1:30 window then the other game is going to be the Texas/CSU Tenn/St Peter's matchup. With CBS having 4 windows it will be interesting to see where they go with the 4PM and 6:30 PM slots.

Would CBS in those late games value a potential Illinois/BYU shootout and Iowa State playing an instate school or Kentucky and its ratings with a potential Creighton Oregon/South Carolina night cap?

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
If they go with Michigan State/UNC in the 11 or 1:30 window then the other game is going to be the Texas/CSU Tenn/St Peter's matchup. With CBS having 4 windows it will be interesting to see where they go with the 4PM and 6:30 PM slots.

Would CBS in those late games value a potential Illinois/BYU shootout and Iowa State playing an instate school or Kentucky and its ratings with a potential Creighton Oregon/South Carolina night cap?
You make a good point. If they go with MSU/UNC, which if Michigan state wins I would put my 401k as being in the stand alone games, they have to have the second stand alone game be from that same site.

Regardless of who we play, we aren’t going to be a “sexy tv draw” but there really aren’t any bad time slots outside of the very last one. Which could potentially be KU/Gonzaga in Salt Lake City.

I hate that they do stand alone games to start and then basically bunch everyone else up plus have a tip at midnight on the east coast. Could very easily have two games going on all day long.

PizzaTheHutt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2014
Does anyone have experience with TruTV? How are we going to be able to watch Thursday’s game?
I didn’t see anybody post this, but if you have HBO Max you can stream all the games on their app. They carry tru TV, TNT and TBS it’s all included no extra cost.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Do they at least try to put the Eastern time zone locations in the first slot? It would be kinda ****** to put Spokane at 9:00 AM.

Reactions: CoachHines3

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. I would assume that would be the Charlotte games. I'm confident that if we win today, we will play after 5.
I'd think one of those CBS early games will be UNC. For sure if it's Mich St/UNC

Then youd have potentially Texas/Tennessee if they were both to win.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Do they at least try to put the Eastern time zone locations in the first slot? It would be kinda ****** to put Spokane at 9:00 AM.
Spokane doesn't have any games that CBS is going to want in those spots but, technically, there's nothing preventing them from doing it.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I'd think one of those CBS early games will be UNC. For sure if it's Mich St/UNC

Then youd have potentially Texas/Tennessee if they were both to win.
cause im bored

CBS 11 AM - #9 Michigan State vs. #1 UNC in Charlotte
CBS 1PM- #7 Texas vs. #2 Tennessee in Charlotte
CBS 4PM- #5 Gonzaga vs. #4 Kansas in Salt Lake City
TNT 5PM-#6 Texas Tech vs. #3 Kentucky in Pittsburgh
TBS 6PM- #7 Wash St vs. #2 Iowa State in Omaha
CBS 6:30- #7 Dayton vs. #2 Arizona - in Salt Lake City
TNT 7:30- #6 South Carolina vs. #3 Creighton in Pittsburgh
TBS 8:30-#6 BYU vs. #2 Illinois in Omaha

(going chalk on who wins, so could be different)

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
cause im bored

CBS 11 AM - #9 Michigan State vs. #1 UNC in Charlotte
CBS 1PM- #7 Texas vs. #2 Tennessee in Charlotte
CBS 4PM- #5 Gonzaga vs. #4 Kansas in Salt Lake City
TNT 5PM-#6 Texas Tech vs. #3 Kentucky in Pittsburgh
TBS 6PM- #7 Wash St vs. #2 Iowa State in Omaha
CBS 6:30- #7 Dayton vs. #2 Arizona - in Salt Lake City
TNT 7:30- #6 South Carolina vs. #3 Creighton in Pittsburgh
TBS 8:30-#6 BYU vs. #2 Illinois in Omaha

(going chalk on who wins, so could be different)
Only picking one upset (a 9 over an 8) for the first 16 games?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Never heard of Tru TV. Sounds like something like a high schooler holding their phone, live streaming from the game.
We have Hulu+ and Tru Tv is part of that package. In the past we've had Direct TV and Dish and is has ben part of those packages as well. Also, I believe you can stream it live from their website.