"Save the Cyclones" Facebook group

Cubsfan

Feb 9, 2009
Des Moines
A lot of people on here have noted a lack of representation in the local media. We've noticed people taking pot shots at us. Nobody knows how this is going to shake out, but it would be cool to get as many people a part of this group as possible. Show some pride. Every now and then a group like this will make a splash. Might as well be now.

Save the Cyclones
Save the Cyclones | Facebook

Cubsfan

Feb 9, 2009
Des Moines
Save the Cyclones group

I posted this last night late, but it got lost in the shuffle quickly. I just wanted to alert everyone of this Facebook group, already 180 members strong since being started at about midnight last night.

Save the Cyclones | Facebook

Cubsfan

Feb 9, 2009
Des Moines
Re: Save the Cyclones group

Over 900 people have joined this page and it's growing seemingly by the second. If you don't think it matters, it does - at least a little. The Omaha World Herald called me today for an interview because of this page. They are working on a story for Friday's paper about how ISU fans are dealing with Nebraska's departure and possibly being left out of a BCS conference.

The more people who join to support Iowa State, the better it will make Iowa State fans look if the OWH mentions the number (which I will be emailing tomorrow, in case they aren't checking). Plus it would be nice to get some positive press for once (any press, for that matter).