Schedule

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Does anyone know when next year's schedule comes out? Would love to see a step-up in competition in the next couple of years for dual meets. Looks like we should have both UNI and Oklahoma State in Ames next year.

Would like to see them schedule Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska, Virginia, Virginia Tech, NC State, North Carolina, Michigan, Cornell, Wisconsin, Princeton, Rutgers, Stanford. These are great programs or up-and-coming programs to add energy to the schedule with stiff competition. I like the addition of Missouri.

VirginSturgeon

Sep 13, 2017
Does anyone know when next year's schedule comes out? Would love to see a step-up in competition in the next couple of years for dual meets. Looks like we should have both UNI and Oklahoma State in Ames next year.

Would like to see them schedule Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska, Virginia, Virginia Tech, NC State, North Carolina, Michigan, Cornell, Wisconsin, Princeton, Rutgers, Stanford. These are great programs or up-and-coming programs to add energy to the schedule with stiff competition. I like the addition of Missouri.
I almost pulled the trigger on season tickets this year but the best competition is out of town except Missouri. I hope Dresser and Pollard look hard at beefing up the schedule in the upcoming years. This would draw more excitement and people to attend meets.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I almost pulled the trigger on season tickets this year but the best competition is out of town except Missouri. I hope Dresser and Pollard look hard at beefing up the schedule in the upcoming years. This would draw more excitement and people to attend meets.
The big names bring people in to watch a dual and pack the stands. Most casual fans couldn't name a single starter for Ohio or SIU-E. I hope things change moving forward. Some programs are trying to schedule tough competition and would love to get ISU on there I'm sure.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
The big names bring people in to watch a dual and pack the stands. Most casual fans couldn't name a single starter for Ohio or SIU-E. I hope things change moving forward. Some programs are trying to schedule tough competition and would love to get ISU on there I'm sure.
I don’t think most casual fans could name a starter on Michigan, NC State, or Virginia Tech either.

That said, I do expect the schedule to get a little tougher. Likely just part of the process.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Conference matchups will be set by the league. So far, the Big 12's attempts at balancing schedules have led to 3 straight trips to Fargo, 2 straight to Stillwater, and 2 straight to Cedar Falls.

Figure on Iowa at home and Missouri on the road.

The question is how many other current opponents are part of a home-and-home agreement.

Wrestling schedules usually don't come out until after June.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I don’t think most casual fans could name a starter on Michigan, NC State, or Virginia Tech either.

That said, I do expect the schedule to get a little tougher. Likely just part of the process.
You might be right, but getting season tickets because ISU is wrestling Michigan, NC State, and Virginia Tech might be an easier sell.

Micic vs Gomez, Storr vs Parker, Amine vs Coleman, Parris vs Gremmel.
McFadden vs Coleman, Colbray vs Bolen
Tariq Wilson vs Gomez, Hidlay vs Carr, Hidlay vs Coleman, Reenan vs Colbray

Those are some matches that would fill seats and get people excited. Not including all the other great match-ups I didn't list.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Conference matchups will be set by the league. So far, the Big 12's attempts at balancing schedules have led to 3 straight trips to Fargo, 2 straight to Stillwater, and 2 straight to Cedar Falls.

Figure on Iowa at home and Missouri on the road.

The question is how many other current opponents are part of a home-and-home agreement.

Wrestling schedules usually don't come out until after June.
It has also included us getting Fresno State at home twice. Next year they should be @Fresno State.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I would love to get Lehigh or Princeton on the schedule for a home/home. Good east coast programs that would be a fun dual! Rutgers and Va Tech would also be on my list of schools I'd like to dual.

Reactions: Htowncyfan

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
You might be right, but getting season tickets because ISU is wrestling Michigan, NC State, and Virginia Tech might be an easier sell.

Micic vs Gomez, Storr vs Parker, Amine vs Coleman, Parris vs Gremmel.
McFadden vs Coleman, Colbray vs Bolen
Tariq Wilson vs Gomez, Hidlay vs Carr, Hidlay vs Coleman, Reenan vs Colbray

Those are some matches that would fill seats and get people excited. Not including all the other great match-ups I didn't list.

Michigan home/home in the next few years could also be a cherry on top for getting Facundo ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Htowncyfan