***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Let’s see. Cop who is not wearing a police uniform over reacts to hang on to a car which is a special tournament car with markings on the side. It takes a special kind of stupid to create a situation like he created. No “may be”. He is.
Cool. I’ll still reserve my final judgement until all the evidence is brought forward. I still want to know why the officer targeted Scotty. Nobody knows right now. So you can make your judgement now. I don’t care. I like to get all the facts before making a decision.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
According to the official police report, Scotty was driving on the wrong side of the road. See post #182

What did I tell you about road construction earlier today? Yes, I’m driving on the wrong side of the road technically, but that is where I’m supposed to be driving.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Is jumping on to a car a trained response?
Jumping on the car is a reaction based on what happened leading up to it.

So what led up to it? What started it? Why Scottie and nobody else? It’s basic questions that we don’t know yet. And it’s quite reasonable to ask

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Is jumping on to a car a trained response?

It is if you’re trying to create an assaulting an officer charge, and get a free pair of pants.

Their actions after the incident are just as troubling. They knew to take the cop to the hospital even if it was just scratches, they knew to charge him with every serious charge they could, and they knew to put him away immediately. That’s a department that is well versed in covering up for ******, dangerous police.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy and chadly82

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

So what led up to it? What started it? Why Scottie and nobody else? It’s basic questions that we don’t know yet. And it’s quite reasonable to ask
You ever think that maybe the hero cop just got on scene? Or that he missed stopping the others, but was in position to make an example out of Scottie?

And like I said, you can't miss player's cars, unless you want to. Clearly marked.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
Correct. I heard on the radio early this morning when details were still sketchy he jumped the median. There wasn’t one. But he did drive on the wrong side of the road. If you jump the median, guess what happens? You drive on the wrong side of the road. Amazing how that works
So why are you, the “let’s wait for the whole story!” guy, insinuating that he jumped a non-existent median?

• Agree
Reactions: CyByrd

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
According to the official police report, Scotty was driving on the wrong side of the road. See post #182
Right he probably went left around traffic on the wrong side of the road to turn left into the club.

This is a side street in stop-and-go traffic. Not a 6-lane highway. And it sounds like golfers do this a lot. Here is one golfer commenting on it

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

The cop thinks he is Shemar Moore. Unnecessary Action Hero.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
You ever think that maybe the hero cop just got on scene? Or that he missed stopping the others, but was in position to make an example out of Scottie?

And like I said, you can't miss player's cars, unless you want to. Clearly marked.
That’s all plausible. WE DON’T KNOW. And it was dark and raining. Conditions were not ideal to see

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Right he probably went left around traffic on the wrong side of the road to turn left into the club.

This is a side street in stop-and-go traffic. Not a 6-lane highway. And it sounds like golfers do this a lot. Here is one golfer commenting on it

Going by what the police report stated.

• Haha
Reactions: Bigman38

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
It is if you’re trying to create an assaulting an officer charge, and get a free pair of pants.

Their actions after the incident are just as troubling. They knew to take the cop to the hospital even if it was just scratches, they knew to charge him with every serious charge they could, and they knew to put him away immediately. That’s a department that is well versed in covering up for ******, dangerous police.
That same unit has had enough attention on them you’d think…

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I’ve never seen someone digs their heels in so much in a thread like @Cyhig has since @Cyhig did in the Caitlin Clark Thread.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
That’s all plausible. WE DON’T KNOW. And it was dark and raining. Conditions were not ideal to see
I can respect waiting for all the facts to come out before forming an opinion. But the thing is, facts have come out because there were media members right there who saw it all happen. There also was video that came out pretty quickly afterwards as well as the police report and statement from Scheffler.

The facts are out. I concede to you Scottie should have stopped right away. But from there, it feels like you’re holding out hope for a smoking gun somewhere to justify the police escalating the situation. At some point you’re just denying reality

Reactions: Lewey24

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I can respect waiting for all the facts to come out before forming an opinion. But the thing is, facts have come out because there were media members right there who saw it all happen. There also was video that came out pretty wuickly afterwards as well as the police report and statement from Scheffler.

The facts are out. I concede to you Scottie should have stopped right away. But from there, it feels like you’re holding out hope for a smoking gun somewhere to justify the police escalating the situation. At some point you’re just denying reality
Yes. But nobody saw what led up to the incident. Nobody knows why the officer went after Scotty. Important information, don’t you think?

• Disagree
Reactions: Bigman38

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Yes. But nobody saw what led up to the incident. Nobody knows why the officer went after Scotty. Important information, don’t you think?
Yes. The ESPN reporters were right behind him the whole time. He tried to go around the scene to get into the club. There was no other lead-up other than that.

The officer went after Scottie because he didn’t know Scottie was a golfer and Scheffler didn’t stop right away. He kept going for 10 yards.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Yes. The ESPN reporters were right behind him the whole time. He tried to go around the scene to get into the club. There was no other lead-up other than that.

The officer went after Scottie because he didn’t know Scottie was a golfer and Scheffler didn’t stop right away. He kept going for 10 yards.
Very good. ESPN’s own article even states the events that transpired are still in dispute. Like I said, I’ll wait for the full investigation to conclude before drawing conclusions.

• Dumb
  • Disagree
Reactions: Bigman38 and Spam