***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
There are some pieces to this story that seem to be missing. For instance, I haven't heard anyone talk about the driver of the car. Wouldn't he be the one to be targeted by the police? As I understand it, Scheffler was a passenger. Why did the police go after Scheffler? I suspect that he said something to the officer or the officer took note that he was the one causing the driver to go forward. Still, if I was the cop in that situation, I would have focused on the driver . . . or in this case with the speed of the incident . . . the putterer. ;)

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
There are some pieces to this story that seem to be missing. For instance, I haven't heard anyone talk about the driver of the car. Wouldn't he be the one to be targeted by the police? As I understand it, Scheffler was a passenger. Why did the police go after Scheffler? I suspect that he said something to the officer or the officer took note that he was the one causing the driver to go forward. Still, if I was the cop in that situation, I would have focused on the driver . . . or in this case with the speed of the incident . . . the putterer. ;)
Pretty sure they said he was driving. If not, this whole thing is even more of a disaster for the local PD

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Scottie was the driver.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I went back and saw references in reports to Sche

After being corrected by alert posters, I went back and looked at some of the reports and indeed saw references to Scheffler being the driver. I tried to figure out what made me think he wasn't the driver. I think it was Darlington's reference to Scheffler "being in the car." But in that same statement he was also identified as being the driver.

So, unlike others in this thread, I will admit that I was wrong and that I appreciate the correction.

Now, how about some love for my reference to him as a "putterer," not a "driver?"

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This is cringe
No its not, you guys worship celebrities or this wouldn't be a 22 page thread. It's comical.

Everyone knows he's some rich athlete and would get off. Even if he did something wrong( which hasn't been disproven by 1 person in this thread) it's not worth the publicity nightmare for the department once they figured out who he was.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
No its not, you guys worship celebrities or this wouldn't be a 22 page thread. It's comical.

Everyone knows he's some rich athlete and would get off. Even if he did something wrong( which hasn't been disproven by 1 person in this thread) it's not worth the publicity nightmare for the department once they figured out who he was.
Who is worshiping Scottie in this thread? All I see is people saying how dumb and corrupt the Louisville police acted.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
WLKY has reported Scottie's arraignment has been delayed until June 3, per his attorney's request, as he could not appear in person this Tuesday, the DA objected, but the Judge agreed to the delay.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I mean someone did say they may as well have tried to arrest Jesus, or something to that effect.
Lol, that was me, but the point was that Scottie is the very last person you'd suspect of anything like this. A sportswriter on the radio today said that if you were to list 1000 golfers past and present, Scottie would have been #1000 on his list of people likely to get arrested.

• Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

My man, it seems like you're not having a good experience in this thread.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Bro, you're complaining about people caring about an athlete. On a forum decidated to athletics. This is literally a sports forum.
You are being exceptionally cringe.

Moreover, I tend to think the reaction would've been the same for about any Tour Pro in Scottie's position. It's nothing personal to him alone (although he is popular and well-known to be a stand-up dude, I can maybe concede he'd get some bonus points for that).

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Holy ****, chronic stupidity all the way up to the DA. No wonder that department is a rolling disaster.
Yeah, but why not just dig your heels in and go all the way? The trial, any judgement for Scottie and any money that might end up coming his way doesn't matter at all to the department or the DA. The citicens will pay for it all. Win or lose, the DA is probably thinking name recognition for political aspirations.

• Agree
Reactions: cysmiley

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
WLKY has reported Scottie's arraignment has been delayed until June 3, per his attorney's request, as he could not appear in person this Tuesday, the DA objected, but the Judge agreed to the delay.
Delaying for more time to quietly drop the charges!

• Optimistic
Reactions: cysmiley

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
My man, it seems like you're not having a good experience in this thread.
Why is that? You guys declared victory around 8am Friday morning and there still hasn't been any evidence in this thread that he's completely innocent except some hearsay from bystanders.

The Espn reporter Darlington has even collaborated the police story. He specifically said, " A police officer tried to flag him down, but whether due to darkness, misunderstanding, or something else, Scheffler kept going. That's when things escalated".

"The officer started to yell obscenities at him then hung onto the side of his car in some way. The drivers side. The car continued some 15 yards before he pulled to a stop".

So let's put all the pieces together, pedestrian has just been run over, its dark and rainy, police are probably on edge already from seeing a guy die, he's trying to instruct a car on where to go, car just ignores him and blows by. So let me ask you what is an appropriate police response taking all that into account?

I also don't understand why people think he was "targeted". Like I said before, nobody has any clue why the cop wanted him to stop which is a key point in the whole case.

To me it's similar to after a football or event like a concert. Light turns green but the cop has stopped traffic for whatever reason. So if the light is green you can just ignore what the traffic cop is telling you?

At the very least he's culpable for not being aware of his surroundings, which is still not good.

I personally think they'll drop the serious charges and he'll probably pay a small fine for reckless driving.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why is that? You guys declared victory around 8am Friday morning and there still hasn't been any evidence in this thread that he's completely innocent except some hearsay from bystanders.

The Espn reporter Darlington has even collaborated the police story. He specifically said, " A police officer tried to flag him down, but whether due to darkness, misunderstanding, or something else, Scheffler kept going. That's when things escalated".

"The officer started to yell obscenities at him then hung onto the side of his car in some way. The drivers side. The car continued some 15 yards before he pulled to a stop".

So let's put all the pieces together, pedestrian has just been run over, its dark and rainy, police are probably on edge already from seeing a guy die, he's trying to instruct a car on where to go, car just ignores him and blows by. So let me ask you what is an appropriate police response taking all that into account?

I also don't understand why people think he was "targeted". Like I said before, nobody has any clue why the cop wanted him to stop which is a key point in the whole case.

To me it's similar to after a football or event like a concert. Light turns green but the cop has stopped traffic for whatever reason. So if the light is green you can just ignore what the traffic cop is telling you?

At the very least he's culpable for not being aware of his surroundings, which is still not good.
Can you link what "victory I declared?"