***SDSU & NDSU Duals Thread***

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Did the coaches think it was the offseason right up until Cliff Keen or something? We weren't ready to go at all.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I don't mind playing around with weights to get a better lineup for a dual. In fact I think coaches should do it more often. But do it in a smart way that helps your chances to win, don't just randomly throw guys out there.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I don't mind playing around with weights to get a better lineup for a dual. In fact I think coaches should do it more often. But do it in a smart way that helps your chances to win, don't just randomly throw guys out there.

And I'm okay with Colbray going as a true freshman, but as a 197 pounder, so long as he can make that weight consistently, and we haven't anything that would lead us to believe that he can't. I'm fairly positive he would've beat Eaton, and then we would've been able to throw a guy out there who can at least match up size-wise with their heavyweight. When you make moves like this, it's usually to ensure that you win at least one match, and I think KJ's move actually decreased our chances of winning either one of those matches. Just puzzling, to say the least.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
1. Which loss was worse?
2.. Is the coach, or coaches trying to get fired?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
If Pollard cared one bit about wrestling at ISU, Jackson would be out of a job before they get back to Iowa. Tag Paulson with an interim title and let's move on from this embarrassing era.

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
25-16 ndsu. i had to watch vikings and wentz in the suite, didnt keep u updated.

good luck rest of season and thanks for opening our new arena...

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Why pull the redshirt on Colbray when you know you won't be fired (since nobody in AD's office cares about wrestling)?

It sure it is fair to say "no one cares" they just have a ton of patience.

Tough start to the year but once everyone settles in things will get a little better. Until then...woof.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Nice pin from Downey

At 184, Downey is going to be a destroyer for the Clones. He's just as pissed as all of us...and, so are the coaches. Is it an embarrassing start? Yes, of course it is. But, try to remember that it will not be indicative of the entire season. Things will get better. KJ and the Paulsons are champions. Give them a shot. Lot going on here that doesn't need to be exposed to everyone. Don't be a fair-weathered f'n friend, because they're a dime a dozen.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
The frustrating part is that we've been saying things will get better for the last 6 years, and we continue to hear how the program is building and building, and it takes time because when KJ got here the program was gutted. At year 7, I don't think team performances like this weekend should be happening against SDSU and NDSU, regardless of whether we have starters out of the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judoka

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
The frustrating part is that we've been saying things will get better for the last 6 years, and we continue to hear how the program is building and building, and it takes time because when KJ got here the program was gutted. At year 7, I don't think team performances like this weekend should be happening against SDSU and NDSU, regardless of whether we have starters out of the lineup.

Agreed. #3 in-coming recruiting class aside (which should provide some reassurance), I am still a newcomer to this prestigious program. Trust me, I feel your anguish. For what's it worth, Pat will dig into his teammates asses...losing is for LOSERS!

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Once again...KJ leaves us all puzzled with his idiotic strategy. Here we have the #3 recruiting class in the country and SDSU along with NDSU wipe the mat with us. I can't take much more of this BS.

Last edited:

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I don't even care about pulling Colbray's redshirt. But why do it at HWT instead of 197?
Agreed. The only thing that would make a tiny bit on sense is if Colbray didn't make weight, I guess. But even then, I'd think you 'punish' him for it rather than letting him wrestle. We did have another option on the road-trip...whoever wrestled against SDSU.

What's up with Quean anyway?