Season tickets or Mobile pass

CaptainMorgan

Aug 2, 2019
I Currently have season tickets in section 15 and was debating on keeping that section or switching completely to the Mobile pass. What’s everyone’s pros and cons to the mobile pass before I decide on if I wanna keep my spot or not.

CaptainMorgan

Aug 2, 2019
As long as you download the tickets to your phone’s wallet before heading to Ames you’ll be good. Entry is always slow, but getting better.
I mean should I do the mobile pass where you get different seats every game or the traditional season tickets?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Depends on whether you like the people around you. We just signed up again for like 15th year. Same seats. We’ve loved the people around us. We do have a couple seats next to us the last few years where we’ve had the opposing teams fans. They’ve all been pretty cool but have had to tell a couple of them to shut up.

SleepyEyeCy

Aug 5, 2023
I mean should I do the mobile pass where you get different seats every game or the traditional season tickets?
I agree with Cyconer29... season tickets are great for building relationships with the fans around you. Because of work I am forced to miss 2-3 home games per year. I often think about not renewing my tickets, but I really enjoy the fans around my seats.

The mobile ticket option would probably save you a few bucks and it would allow you to experience the game from various views.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

Cyclone Pfan

Dec 7, 2022
I tailgate with people at different donation levels, so we do Mobile and link seats. Mobile also allows you to buy extra single game tickets and they can sit in the pod.

CnG

Jul 18, 2019
I’ve always had season tickets at the Cardinal level, but last year I tried the mobile pass. Seats were always on the upper level, but always between the 20 and 35 yard line In the 10th to 15th rows. I could never get the tickets to download to my wallet ( I never had that problem with the season passes ). I had to make sure I had the tickets pulled up before I got to the gate, because of the lack of intermet.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Depends on whether you like the people around you. We just signed up again for like 15th year. Same seats. We’ve loved the people around us. We do have a couple seats next to us the last few years where we’ve had the opposing teams fans. They’ve all been pretty cool but have had to tell a couple of them to shut up.
So you don't have the ZRF's of football near you, that curse out Campbell every play and tell you how much smarter they are than him. I always seem to.

CaptainMorgan

Aug 2, 2019
Hoping to get to know the people around me this year. Only sat in my season ticket seats for 2 games last year. The rest went with buddys and sat in other sections

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We renewed our season tickets again this afternoon, after a lot of talking between the wife and I, I reached out to a friend of our kids and he said he was interested in going to a few games and I told him if he would commit to purchasing three games, I would renew, and he could just purchase my tickets for those games.

So, we renewed and I plan on attending four games which is plenty for me.

NebraskaCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2009
Omaha
I’ve always had season tickets at the Cardinal level, but last year I tried the mobile pass. Seats were always on the upper level, but always between the 20 and 35 yard line In the 10th to 15th rows. I could never get the tickets to download to my wallet ( I never had that problem with the season passes ). I had to make sure I had the tickets pulled up before I got to the gate, because of the lack of intermet.
I found this to be the case as well for seats, with the exception of the EIU and UNI games. In those games we were up in the corner of the south addition. I think that would be the case for any sellout.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I had mobile tickets last year (first time after having donor seats) and I enjoyed it. Cheaper and I knew I’d miss a few games so could sell and make the money back, usually.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
My wife and I will celebrate our 12 year anniversary this summer. We moved from the hillside into the stands our first football season after we were married.

We have met some of the most wonderful people through our season tickets. I have actually increased my donor level so we are eligible for better seats, but I enjoy the people I sit with so much that I don't want to. We have wound up going to each others tailgates, birthday parties, taken bowl trips together, etc.

Downside is that if you have people sit by you that you don't like, you are stuck with them for the season. We have had people come in and not like sitting by us, usually it's due to the amount of alcohol consumed, language we use, etc.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
My wife and I will celebrate our 12 year anniversary this summer. We moved from the hillside into the stands our first football season after we were married.

We have met some of the most wonderful people through our season tickets. I have actually increased my donor level so we are eligible for better seats, but I enjoy the people I sit with so much that I don't want to. We have wound up going to each others tailgates, birthday parties, taken bowl trips together, etc.

Downside is that if you have people sit by you that you don't like, you are stuck with them for the season. We have had people come in and not like sitting by us, usually it's due to the amount of alcohol consumed, language we use, etc.
My kind of people!!!!

trueclone2

May 18, 2007
Ames
Had the mobile in 2019 and 2020
2019 we were in mostly the south end zone corners except for one game was mid field. Wasn't a fan of being in the corners upper deck.
2020 they turned mobile pass to permanent seats that we liked and decided to go back to regular seats and are near where we were for 2020.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

We really liked the people around us when we were in the east side of the South endzone, got to know them very well, enjoyed seeing them at every game. After we were displaced moving the students over to that side, we slide over to the west side of the endzone. First game I saw that they had also moved over to that side, they are about 12 rows higher up, but I run up and get caught up every game.
Nothing like getting to know the people around you and doing back year after year.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I will say this, I bought the mobile pass last year and every game was second balcony between the 20s. If you’re ok sitting up a little higher the seats were great.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
If you’ve never had season tickets, mobile passes are great for a year or two to find out where in the stadium you like to sit and then getting season tix.

Reactions: trueclone2

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron