Seat selection

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
I received an email tonight indicating that my seat selection time will be Monday (4/22).

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
I received an email for the 25th, next Thursday, gold level donor.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
For football? What donor level are you?

Actually, that's nosy. I'm just curious because we haven't received anything yet.
I received an email at 7:00 tonight for seat upgrade assignment.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm on the 26th, also Cardinal, will be the last of three years in the forced moved/awesome upgrade/cheap cost seats.
I forgot about that. Are you in a section above your current level?

I had to do the math to figure out when I pick. Late on the 26th.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I forgot about that. Are you in a section above your current level?

I had to do the math to figure out when I pick. Late on the 26th.
My section is within my donor level, the former student section seats start at Cardinal in section 37 which is where we are.
Fun fact, ISU athletics utilizes parts of section 36 for recruits and athletes if you ever want to see who is in on visits.
Anyhow, when the price resets in 2025, the jump from $275 to $650 is pretty substantial. Expect to see several very good seats opening up for what could be one of the last good opportunities for donors to upgrade. Folks in gold and above should pause their seat confirmations in 2025 until after Cardinal/states folks release their spots.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My section is within my donor level, the former student section seats start at Cardinal in section 37 which is where we are.
Fun fact, ISU athletics utilizes parts of section 36 for recruits and athletes if you ever want to see who is in on visits.
Anyhow, when the price resets in 2025, the jump from $275 to $650 is pretty substantial. Expect to see several very good seats opening up for what could be one of the last good opportunities for donors to upgrade. Folks in gold and above should pause their seat confirmations in 2025 until after Cardinal/states folks release their spots.
I may need to pick up a 5th seat after this next year, so that will give me an opportunity to do that. We really enjoyed where we were for many years, but had to move due to seat situations (dropped one and then needed to pick another up later due to kids entering and leaving college) so we had to move and aren't 100% happy with where we are now. Thought moving to the old student section may be an option in the future.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm gonna move seats for sure. Last year I moved to seats that I really thought I would like (and I did)... but one huge problem: The row in front of me was full of 70+ year olds... They would turn around and give you dirty looks if you cheered or booed (I even kept my language clean). Apparently the concept of yelling in a ballgame was lost on them. I sincerely hope they stay in the nursing home from now on and just watch episodes of Matlock and Murder She Wrote. They are killing the vibe at the games.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I'm gonna move seats for sure. Last year I moved to seats that I really thought I would like (and I did)... but one huge problem: The row in front of me was full of 70+ year olds... They would turn around and give you dirty looks if you cheered or booed (I even kept my language clean). Apparently the concept of yelling in a ballgame was lost on them. I sincerely hope they stay in the nursing home from now on and just watch episodes of Matlock and Murder She Wrote. They are killing the vibe at the games.
I had a similar experience for the Kansas game. Had different seats than usual so I don’t know if it was a bunch of casuals or what but I got a ton of dirty looks. I’m well aware that I get way more into the game than I probably should but nobody else up where I was remotely cared about what was going on.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We're probably moving to seats higher up. We're halfway down on the lower bowl, west side, and I thought I would love the seats. The problem is the angle is flat enough that I miss the exciting stuff when everyone jumps up (I can't jump up as fast as them), and even standing up I can't see over them. Half of the time I can't even see the big screen. I love being down there...until the game starts!

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC