Second Favorite Part of Yesterdays KU Game

Second Favorite Part Of KU game

• Total voters

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Voted for the Warden. McCuller is mid, his stats look good but he benefits heavily from playing with a seven-footer who draws so much attention from the defense.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I assume Gilbert's 3 in the last minute is #1? Beyond that too close to call. That game was full if highlight plays we'll be able to talk and reference for a long time.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I voted for Ward’s pass. Not because it was the most incredible play of the game but because I think the passing by our bigs is generally underrated and that’s some pretty high level stuff for a guy that gets labeled as an athletic rim protector and finisher.

Ward had a sneaky good game yesterday. Some key deflections and blocks on the defensive end. We are a different team with him playing like that (see struggles in Florida for evidence).

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Ward's dime.

My favorite part of Tre Day was the fact he recognized he was on and took good shots. Many KU fans are lamenting on the number made, but the bigger part for me was the number attempted. Historically Tre would make the first (maybe), take one more, then stop if it missed. He would also (occasionally) take some really bad shots from there. He was open, made the first, then kept shooting good shots because he was consistent. That's smart basketball.

For me my favorite part of the game was Ward's pass. Tre probably won't have a game like this in his career, but I hope things like this pass continue to be an evolution of Ward and our offense. Ward gets the ball up high, perfectly anticipates the cut from Gilbert, who then does EXACTLY what he's supposed to do. It was easily the best offensive possession we had all day.

I really want to see more high/low action with Ward. Pick and rolls, the cut and pass like we saw yesterday, evolution of Ward's game. He missed all of his lane shots but the moves are looking more fluid and he's REAL close. Once he starts making those he will be a consistent double digit threat.

Ward is a 30 minute a game player who needs to be unleashed.

Reactions: GotHops32

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I voted for Ward’s pass. Not because it was the most incredible play of the game but because I think the passing by our bigs is generally underrated and that’s some pretty high level stuff for a guy that gets labeled as an athletic rim protector and finisher.

Ward had a sneaky good game yesterday. Some key deflections and blocks on the defensive end. We are a different team with him playing like that (see struggles in Florida for evidence).

Ward needs to be on the floor until he has to be dragged off. He simply is an influencer whose impact shows on the tape but not necessarily the stat sheet. Also, the more mobile a team is (with cuts, quick ball movement, etc) the more BRE should be on the bench. That's not necessarily a slight to Bob (as some idiots on here claim it to be) rather a smarter deployment of your talent for a given situation. TJ was wise to sit Pavs and Bileuw yesterday. Pavs physically isn't capable (at this moment) while Omaha isn't fundamentally sound enough to see the floor. BRE should play but the point is you simply can't take Ward off unless he's in foul trouble. King wasn't perfect (TOs and not the most aware defender), but with him making shots and rebounding you also couldn't take him off the floor.

If Tre wasn't hitting shots or rebounding I'd probably opt for Rob over Tre if leaving two bigs in. Yesterday King being on fire and Ward being Ward should have meant reduced minutes for BRE. Again, that's through no fault of his own.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Ward needs to be on the floor until he has to be dragged off. He simply is an influencer whose impact shows on the tape but not necessarily the stat sheet. Also, the more mobile a team is (with cuts, quick ball movement, etc) the more BRE should be on the bench. That's not necessarily a slight to Bob (as some idiots on here claim it to be) rather a smarter deployment of your talent for a given situation. TJ was wise to sit Pavs and Bileuw yesterday. Pavs physically isn't capable (at this moment) while Omaha isn't fundamentally sound enough to see the floor. BRE should play but the point is you simply can't take Ward off unless he's in foul trouble. King wasn't perfect (TOs and not the most aware defender), but with him making shots and rebounding you also couldn't take him off the floor.

If Tre wasn't hitting shots or rebounding I'd probably opt for Rob over Tre if leaving two bigs in. Yesterday King being on fire and Ward being Ward should have meant reduced minutes for BRE. Again, that's through no fault of his own.
Loved listening to Jay Wright yesterday. Had not heard him call a game but he was good. Obviously knows basketball inside and out.

Several times he was marveling not so much the play on the ball that Ward made but where he came from to get it.

To your point, influences the game in a way you don’t see on the stat sheet.

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017
Loved listening to Jay Wright yesterday. Had not heard him call a game but he was good. Obviously knows basketball inside and out.

Several times he was marveling not so much the play on the ball that Ward made but where he came from to get it.

To your point, influences the game in a way you don’t see on the stat sheet.
Jay was excellent on the call. Can tell the guy just loves watch good basketball.

It’s just amazing to see how much better the production quality is at cbs compared to espn. It’s not even close

Help Support Us

Become a patron