Selection Monday for WBB - public event

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The Iowa State women's basketball team is going to have a public event for viewing the women's NCAA selection show Monday (the 18th) at 6:00 pm in the Sukup South End Zone Club. Here is the Cyclones.com article for interested fans who might be able to attend:

AMES, Iowa – The Iowa State women's basketball team will hold a Selection Show viewing event in the Sukup South End Zone Club on Monday, March 18. The viewing will be open to the public, and fans can meet the team and watch the NCAA Selection Show on ESPN alongside the Cyclones and see who Iowa State will face in the NCAA Tournament.

Doors will open at 5 p.m. and attendees will have the opportunity to meet and greet with the team and coaches prior to the Selection Show, which will air on ESPN. The event will officially get underway at 5:45 p.m. beginning with a short program and video highlighting the team's season to date.

The Selection Show will officially begin at 6 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN. Following the conclusion of the show at 6:30 p.m., Iowa State athletics staff members will provide ticketing information for those in attendance that wish to purchase tickets for the first and second round games.

Light refreshments and bottled water will also be provided.

Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not as much drama for this since as the MBB since we ARE hosting 1st and 2nd round at hilton but am interested in our seed, obviously. The committee announcing their early "16's" kinda took the drama out of that, at least for us since we finished strong after they announced us in. Hope we eked out a #3. Also finding out if we are a Thursday/Saturday or a Friday/Sunday (those are the options, right?).

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Not as much drama for this since as the MBB since we ARE hosting 1st and 2nd round at hilton but am interested in our seed, obviously. The committee announcing their early "16's" kinda took the drama out of that, at least for us since we finished strong after they announced us in. Hope we eked out a #3. Also finding out if we are a Thursday/Saturday or a Friday/Sunday (those are the options, right?).

I believe wbb tourney starts Friday so it's a Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Nope, no drama regarding if we're going to host or not. I'm just kind of happy they decided to open this up so fans can join them to watch the show as the entire field is revealed. Volleyball has done this in seasons past and it's kind of fun to experience it with the team. Hosting NCAA 1st and 2nd round games will be a new experience for everyone but the coaching staff. Am looking forward to the atmosphere and watching the team react to the who/what/when as it comes up on the screen. Should be fun!

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
"staff members will provide ticketing information for those in attendance that wish to purchase tickets" I hope this doesn't preclude the typical preferred sale to Cyclone Club members and season ticket holders who can't attend. But, I doubt there will be enough people there to affect seating.

Personally hoping for Saturday-Monday as Friday is a bad fit for us; need to watch the men and we also have a four hour drive.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'm hoping for Friday Sunday. Lot easier for travelling fans, like me, than a Monday night that will require taking two days(Monand Tues) off work instead of one.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Really nice turn out at Johnie's for a broken event. Talking to some of the players they were practicing and Bill came out and got them together to tell them of the leak. When we got there the girls were eating then came up and mingled with the crowd before John and Bill talked.