Seth Davis

Cyclones423

Dec 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
The knucklehead himself Charles Barkley seemed to be the only guy pointing out that Nevada probably only played a couple opponents that were similar to ISU's caliber all year.

Charles Barkley is a smart dude. I've loved the guy ever since the tourney game we lost to Ohio State. He kept going on and on post game about how we got screwed by the refs when Clyburn got called for a charge. It should've been an and 1 foul against that turd Aaron Craft.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Guys like Seth Davis and Jay Bilas are basically no better than someone like your friend's dad. They know about some of the good teams pretty well - like Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, etc - but they don't know much outside of that. They talk a big game but know inside they don't know as much as they think.

Guys like Jon Rothstein actually follow down to the mid major level - he knows what he's talking about usually.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
There were reasons to pick Nevada as a hot team, there really weren't many reasons to pick ISU to lay an egg. Senior team and probably hottest team in CBB or definitely top 3 hottest team.

When you have the crazy obvious Minn-MTSU matchup where MTSU was actually favored by Vegas...dude sucks at predicting basketball.
That's what pissed me off about Davis and Bilas picking Nevada. I get the point that they aren't your typical Mid major with athletes everywhere but they discount the 18 games we played in a tough conference where every night we face teams like that.

It would be more understandable if we were mediocre P5 team but we aren't. Them doing that was a sign of disrespect for how good the team is.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That's what pissed me off about Davis and Bilas picking Nevada. I get the point that they aren't your typical Mid major with athletes everywhere but they discount the 18 games we played in a tough conference where every night we face teams like that.

It would be more understandable if we were mediocre P5 team but we aren't. Them doing that was a sign of disrespect for how good the team is.

How often is a 5 seed the conference tournament champ of the #1 RPI conference and second in regular season of the #1 RPI conference? Not very often.

When you take a step back it's fricking ridiculous that we had the same seed as Minnesota. Not so much that we should be higher, but WTF did they do to earn a 5 seed? They had zero wins vs top 25, they hardly even played anyone in top 25. In computer metrics they're more of a 7 or 8.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
How often is a 5 seed the conference tournament champ of the #1 RPI conference and second in regular season of the #1 RPI conference? Not very often.

When you take a step back it's fricking ridiculous that we had the same seed as Minnesota. Not so much that we should be higher, but WTF did they do to earn a 5 seed? They had zero wins vs top 25, they hardly even played anyone in top 25. In computer metrics they're more of a 7 or 8.
There's probably no way media market size plays a role in seeding... right?

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
There were reasons to pick Nevada as a hot team, there really weren't many reasons to pick ISU to lay an egg. Senior team and probably hottest team in CBB or definitely top 3 hottest team.

When you have the crazy obvious Minn-MTSU matchup where MTSU was actually favored by Vegas...dude sucks at predicting basketball.

Nevada was a hot team, but they didn't play anybody in the RPI top 50 during that hot streak. ISU was just as hot as them, but I think 6 of the 10 games won in the last part of the year were against tournament teams. If ISU was kind of winning and losing some I could totally see picking Nevada. However, ISU beat Oklahoma State 2X, Kansas State, Kansas at Allen Field House, Baylor, and West Virginia in that time period. Literally no reason to favor Nevada over that unless you suck at your job and don't know these simple facts you can Google.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
He still failed to give ANY love for us beating his "for sure" 5-12 upset. These "experts" are just guys who get paid to give you what it's from different vantage points, but their guesses are no better than any of ours. After our game recap, he couldn't stop talking about how we "cant give up threes like we did." Seth, you were wrong, we controlled the game, swallow the damn crow already. He probably is one of the people who thinks Monte isn't a top 5 point guard in the NCAA

A few of the threes they hit were flat out prayers. They did not get a bunch of open threes. Now if he said ISU shouldn't be giving up easy layups or fouling inside, I'd agree.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
He still failed to give ANY love for us beating his "for sure" 5-12 upset. NCAA

Not true - his lock was Mid Ten St and in case you didn't see it, they won.....

But he is s a total D-Bag he totally made a huge deal about ISU losing to Nevada on the Bracket show and talked about how good they were and they were totally neutralized.... they got a few points but we did our thang....

F-U Seth Davis suck it....

Go ISU!!!!

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

At the end of the game I thought the tears on the Nevada bench was Seth Davis. Am I wrong?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The knucklehead himself Charles Barkley seemed to be the only guy pointing out that Nevada probably only played a couple opponents that were similar to ISU's caliber all year.

That's probably the only smart thing he said all day.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I hope Seth picks Purdue and has a 10 minute segment on why they will beat us. I hope our boys watch every second of it.

Us against the world!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Although Duke isn't a juco like KU, he is as clueless as most hayseed Kansas fans. Like the Boo birds, he's ignorant.

Reactions: WalkingCY

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Charles Barkley is a smart dude. I've loved the guy ever since the tourney game we lost to Ohio State. He kept going on and on post game about how we got screwed by the refs when Clyburn got called for a charge. It should've been an and 1 foul against that turd Aaron Craft.

Charles was the guy who flat out said last year in the NBA finals that he didn't think the Warriors would win because they didn't have a reliable post player. GS stopped hitting all their crazy 3's and eventually they lost. He's a social moron at times, and that's what people associate him with, but the guy knows basketball. I agree with others here. He's not enamored by the blue blood programs, and that makes his insight sometimes more relevant than others.