Severe Geomagnetic Storm Watch (and maybe big Northern Lights show)

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I'm super excited for this. Being near Seattle, we miss out on a ton of cosmic stuff but today is the second consecutive day of clear blue skies and it's supposed to continue into Sunday.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Read on an Ag site I follow that this guys hands free steering was not very straight today. Was the steering system messed up or was it the atmospheric issues? Would cars with hands free steering have problems today?

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I was heading back into town just after 10, and there was a giant line of cars leaving Ankeny on Irvinedale. Everyone had the same idea to hit the gravel roads outside of town.

Reactions: Letterkenny

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
My friend in Huntsville, Alabama was able to see it too.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Read on an Ag site I follow that this guys hands free steering was not very straight today. Was the steering system messed up or was it the atmospheric issues? Would cars with hands free steering have problems today?
Satellite signals affected by solar storm. Seems like it was location dependent.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Well, we tried. Went out north of Indianola and then out on a gravel road in the middle of nowhere, but either the lights are showing up as haze to the naked eye, or there's too much haze to see them.
Did you take pictures? That’s how I could see them from my in-town backyard. We’re surrounded by trees with a street light out front.
IMG_6592.jpeg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron