Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Fight-Club-Surprising-Stories-From-Behind-the-Scenes-Tyler-Durden-looks-up.jpg

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Your reasoning seems ass backwards on this. If it's a half speed drill why the **** is Talley contesting a dunk? If true it sounds like Shayok didn't want to call out a Senior.

Exactly. Your either in a live drill or not. If he's trying to block his shot why can't Conditt try and dunk? Seems dumb.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Ok here are the details:

Conditt dunked on Talley almost breaking ZT's arm. MS told Conditt to cool it. A while passed and Conditt confronted MS and they got into a fist fight. Then later Conditt slammed a door which hit MS foot (which was barefoot) breaking his pinky toe.

Separate incident - MJ and LW got into it when MJ told LW that he is selfish and that if he'd be a better team player they'd be winning more. LW got in his face and MJ got back in LW's face until LW backed down.

Does it surprise anyone else that Conditt is the other side? Seems like he is too nice or quiet.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Your reasoning seems ass backwards on this. If it's a half speed drill why the **** is Talley contesting a dunk? If true it sounds like Shayok didn't want to call out a Senior.

No. Nobody said anything about Talley contesting it. For all we know he was just standing there. If it was a scrimmage or a full speed drill, then fine. More power to Conditt. Like someone said, the team needs a little of that spark and energy. But if it was a walkthrough to go over positioning or something, then shame on Conditt. You don't go all out when everyone else is moving half speed. That's how people get hurt and fights get started.

• Agree
Reactions: el tornado

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Glad WVU isn't exactly their usually mauling brawling selves this season. With short fuses on our squad we might have seen a brawl tonight. Hell, still might. :eek:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Huh... i know i've broken once, maybe twice... usually limp around for a day but after that it felt like nothing.
Might be the difference in shoes that guys wear vs shoes that women wear. Designers tend to make the toes narrower on our shoes, and the heels higher (putting pressure on the toes). Didn't think about that when I posted. All I know is, I was very glad one happened during the summer when I could wear open sandals (except in the lab, where I ended up cutting a hole in the side of an old sneaker as open-toed shoes are against lab safety rules).

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
No. Nobody said anything about Talley contesting it. For all we know he was just standing there. If it was a scrimmage or a full speed drill, then fine. More power to Conditt. Like someone said, the team needs a little of that spark and energy. But if it was a walkthrough to go over positioning or something, then shame on Conditt. You don't go all out when everyone else is moving half speed. That's how people get hurt and fights get started.

They said Conditt almost broke Talley's arm on a dunk. How else could that happen?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Gonna go dig up my post asking for a fight after the TCU game :). It might hurt us but it’s not like the current way they’ve been playing is any good.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Is it bad I kind of like it? I'd be all for the big fella having a mean streak.

I like it too. All he needs is some more beef and he could be really, really, good. I don't think he is a Lard type either if you know what I mean.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Having broken my pinky toe twice, I can tell you that it does hurt like a mother. Can't set it - they just tape it to the toe next to it to keep it from moving independently. I could see it throwing off his shot, but that particular injury is really minor and playing on it really wouldn't make it any worse. Like isufbcurt said, numb it, tape it well & see how it goes.

Did it affect your vertical?