Shockingly optimistic

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
Guess they knew what they were talking about

I hate to say it but any progress we made we have lost. This is a game that a good football team wins easily. Colorado is a very below average football team. Unfortunately we are worse.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
Not tooting my own horn here but I actually wrote that we had to watch out for Colorado. The reasoning was that b/c Hawkins got fired, the team would rally around each other and become dangerous. Looks like that became true.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Not tooting my own horn here but I actually wrote that we had to watch out for Colorado. The reasoning was that b/c Hawkins got fired, the team would rally around each other and become dangerous. Looks like that became true.

That doesn't explain our performance, though. Didn't CPR call this the biggest game of his career?

Cyclone15

Aug 21, 2007
Ankeny
Actually I am optimistic.... Missouri game still a MEANINGFUL game.... A win would still not be that FAR FETCHED being played at home. Season goals still there to be had.... Tiller sounded like he did well to drive and score. Offensive line didn't come to play.... Iowa takes yet another step back from ELITE status we all know they have... NOT. Iowa State has taken steps forward this season.... YES Optimistic... and a Missouri win wouldn't even be SO Shocking... Coach will rally em back and expect a good Senior Night at the JACK !

Yes... Optimistic even in a loss

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
There are no conference road gimmie's when you're ISU. Colorado beat Georgia, who is a very similar team to Texas. Very talented, but play not so great football.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Well boys when you have only won one game in boulder since '82, it says that the buffs have our number and I for one am happy to never have to go back to boulder again.