NFL: Should Nickelodeon be the only official broadcaster of the NFL?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
When I saw the commercials for this, I thought it was stupid, how did it turn out? I may be convinced.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
When I saw the commercials for this, I thought it was stupid, how did it turn out? I may be convinced.
It was much like a regular game, but the commentary was clearly simplified to explain the fundamentals of the game and also include "pop culture" references for kids. also the graphics were kind of jazzed up in throwback nickelodeon motif from my 90s childhood.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It was a bit cheesy for production but effective enough that it may help get kids interested. I know my 1st grader paid more attention than usual to the game when there was content that kept her interested.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
My kid left his Switch long enough to watch the Spongebob premier at half-time, which was probably the most NFL broadcasting he has watched this year.

The sliming end-zone for td's was actually kind of fun though.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
The Young Sheldon penalty explanations were pretty funny. It was a refreshing, new way to watch a football game on TV versus the traditional way of broadcasting it. I agree, they should do a few games a year on this platform.

Plus, there’s nothing funnier than Mitch Trubisky winning the “NVP” Nickelodeon Valuable Player when he was on the losing team and possibly getting released/traded from the Bears after this game!

• Haha
Reactions: MeowingCows

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Definitely better than ESPN MNF.

I remember they used to do stuff for the NBA All-Star game in the 90s that was pretty cool.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I grew up on NBA Inside Stuff magazine and NBA Inside Stuff Saturday morning tv show. Both designed for young kids.

The NBA has always been my favorite pro sports league and I've never had a big interest in the others. Hard to say if that show and magazine are why, but I'm sure they helped.