Shout out to X. Hutchinson

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
Gotta give him credit the man leaves it on the field and if it weren't for him ISU would look a whole lot worse. Anyway big shout out 2 X for leading the FBS in catches after 5 weeks w/ 49 receptions. He's also currently 10th in yardage w/ 504. We'll definitely need him to keep being a beast for us to be able to right this ship the rest of the season.

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
Made all the more impressive by him not being allowed to run a route more than 8 yards passed the line of scrimmage.
Which also both infuriates and saddens me. But alas, this is cyclone football, sometimes even though your insides are boiling or your nuts are still trying to recover from the latest direct hit to the cup all you can do is sigh, shake your head..& then come back next week to do it all over again.

Reactions: CyGuy5 and Cy4Lifer

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Gotta give him credit the man leaves it on the field and if it weren't for him ISU would look a whole lot worse. Anyway big shout out 2 X for leading the FBS in catches after 5 weeks w/ 49 receptions. He's also currently 10th in yardage w/ 504. We'll definitely need him to keep being a beast for us to be able to right this ship the rest of the season.

Dude would have a lot more yards if he would quit dancing and get up field after catching the ball.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Whelp, you tried to start a positive thread. I appreciate the effort and agree with you.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
He's clearly setting the standard for the offense. He and McDonald are pretty obvious pros in my opinion.

83cy

May 14, 2006
The guy is a warrior. Gotta keep him from getting killed on those crossing routes.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Dude would have a lot more yards if he would quit dancing and get up field after catching the ball.
He's trying to make something happen on an offense that has been struggling to make things happen. The guy is above reproach in my book. He's doing everything he can to help this team, and doing a damn fine job of it.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Dude, 49 catches.... I remember when NFL players started topping 100 in a season and how that seemed monumental. If a college guy can do that, its pretty remarkable. I'm sure its been done in the NCAA but still feels like its pretty rare.

Reactions: Postel16

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here's to a great game and to forgetting KU real soon.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
I do enjoy having X back for his extra year. I guess he wanted to work on some things before entering the draft. The covid era is not something anyone will miss. But a backhanded benefit has been the opportunity for these guys to extend their college career. Chase Allen stayed the extra year, refined his game, and is now on the Chicago Bears practice squad. I actually do not recall an ISU wide receiver having been drafted. The entire NFL passed on Lazard 7 times, and 31 teams are hating themselves for it. Maybe that will help the X go in a higher round.

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
Whelp, you tried to start a positive thread. I appreciate the effort and agree with you.
Had to try something to lift spirits after last weekend. Not gonna lie, its been a pretty "blah" week for me after that (especially since in my opinion we were the better team if you subtract special teams and the abysmal rushing performance) but I still believe we have one of the truest & greatest coaches in the game, players who are talented and dedicated, and a fan base that as far as I'm concerned is 2nd to none. Being a Cyclone fan is never easy, but that's what makes it so much better. Hopefully some great times are around the corner though!

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

TopCy

Jun 15, 2021
By the time his career's over, he's going to have a very good case as the best (or second best at least) Cyclone WR of all time. He likely won't catch Lazard in yards or TDs, but he might catch him in total receptions in a lot fewer games. That's pretty amazing.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Had to try something to lift spirits after last weekend. Not gonna lie, its been a pretty "blah" week for me after that (especially since in my opinion we were the better team if you subtract special teams and the abysmal rushing performance) but I still believe we have one of the truest & greatest coaches in the game, players who are talented and dedicated, and a fan base that as far as I'm concerned is 2nd to none. Being a Cyclone fan is never easy, but that's what makes it so much better. Hopefully some great times are around the corner though!
Rubbing the crown of X's head now!

Reactions: Postel16