SIAP: Dickenson and McCullar both out for Big 12 tourney

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Smart move by Self. You can play some other guys who need playing time. You can rest guys that need rest. Gives you a better shot to win a game or two in the NCAAs. Would be near impossible to win the Big12 tourney with 4 games in a row - even with plenty of depth.

Also if you lose, everyone still thinks you're smart and doesn't care. But if you win, its gravy and everybody happy.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Dickenson's shoulder looked like it came out of its socket on Saturday.

Missing a game or two wouldn't be surprising if it were mid-season.

Reactions: CyberJJJ

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
well, they got DESTROYED by Houston, so I'm not surprised he's gonna rest up for the big dance. I think McCullar was just rusty, but Billy knows better than me.

I know Rodney wants another shot at us, but the Purple kitties are playing pretty well. If we can make 5% more FG we will be good, and KU isn't getting past Baylor. They might not make it TO Baylor.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Is a potential downside to this strategy that the committee will question if those guys will actually be back for NCAA's? If I was on the committee... I would ask the question.

Reactions: rosshm16

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sorry folks…. these conference tournaments mean less and less every year…. just like non-playoff bowls too.

Welcome to the new world. Guys that are somewhat questionable will be skipping these tournaments like crazy…. making them virtually meaningless money grabs, just like bowls.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sorry folks…. these conference tournaments mean less and less every year…. just like non-playoff bowls too.

Welcome to the new world. Guys that are somewhat questionable will be skipping these tournaments like crazy…. making them virtually meaningless money grabs, just like bowls.

Outside of the auto-qualifier, maybe getting on the right side of the bubble, what else were they?

And if they didn't have those things baked in there would be other ways to determine those things.

Reactions: dahliaclone

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Maybe there's a ploy afoot to get KSU and Cincy a couple more wins each in the B12 tourney so that they both make the NCAA.

Reactions: Cardinal2001