Simple question: Did Colvin make the trip back to Ames with the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Why ask just go be his friend on Facebook and find out like others are doing.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Really? You care that much?

Personally I could give a rat's a##. If he is on the bench at the game tomorrow so be it. I have better things to worry about than some 19 year old kid.

If you have his address and really really really care, I can drive by and knock on his door.:jimlad:

Edit: Do not mean to come across as picking on you. I am just getting tired of all the worrying about this team. The only thing I can do (to have a positive impact) is to continue to buy season tickets, show up at the games, donate to the summer camps and trust that Mac can handle the rest. If not, we will find a new coach. Worrying about who is here and not here is not going to do a damn thing. Checking Facebook to see what the players are posting does not help either.

Last edited:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Is there any indication otherwise?

Not that I've heard. Only completely made up rumors with no factual basis whatsoever.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand wrong.

Um, no. I haven't heard anything to indicate that, and I've read every post in every thread about it. So my statement that "Not that I've heard" is correct.

If something otherwise has been posted here, where is it?

Reactions: IcSyU

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Personally I could give a rat's a##. If he is on the bench at the game tomorrow so be it. I have better things to worry about than some 19 year old kid.

If you have his address and really really really care, I can drive by and knock on his door.:jimlad:

Yes, its simply amazing that an ISU basketball fan would care if a talented freshman point guard quits the team or stays with ISU. :jimlad:

Seriously, where do some of you people come up with this stuff? On an ISU sports message board it is wrong to care if a good young basketball player is still on the team or not? I guess that makes sense to somebody, but any ISU basketball fan should care about the success of the program, and player retention is a key part.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Why doesnt someone go to the BB facality and see who gets off the bus. :jimlad: That way we can take this stuff to the next level.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006

Edit: Do not mean to come across as picking on you. I am just getting tired of all the worrying about this team. The only thing I can do (to have a positive impact) is to continue to buy season tickets, show up at the games, donate to the summer camps and trust that Mac can handle the rest. If not, we will find a new coach. Worrying about who is here and not here is not going to do a damn thing. Checking Facebook to see what the players are posting does not help either.
I do care whether or not he is on the bench tomorrow. He was a top 100 recruit out of high school and ISU just cannot continue to lose these type of guys and expect to ever be relevant on the college basketball scene again. We are going through the worst four year stretch in Cyclone basketball in over 25 years and it is getting really old. I am also getting sick and tired of the just support the coach and move on posts. McDermott is in charge and the facts are that he is leading ISU into basketball mediocrity.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
I do care whether or not he is on the bench tomorrow. He was a top 100 recruit out of high school and ISU just cannot continue to lose these type of guys and expect to ever be relevant on the college basketball scene again. We are going through the worst four year stretch in Cyclone basketball in over 25 years and it is getting really old. I am also getting sick and tired of the just support the coach and move on posts. McDermott is in charge and the facts are that he is leading ISU into basketball mediocrity.

We are getting closer :wink:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
We haven't ever been anything more than basketball mediocrity...we had 1 phenomenal season in recent memory and we lost in the Elite Eight...George Mason has 1 phenomenal season and got the Final Four and very few can tell you anything about them. Right now we're the most recent 2 seed to lose to a 15 seed. :sad: No one cares we had a great record that year...they know we lost in the first round of the tourney.

We have never been associated with the Kentucky's, Duke's, North Carolina's, UCLA's, Kansas', etc. Any Iowa State fan who thinks we have been is a firm believer in revisionist history.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

I agree - Coach Mac is very, very lucky to coach here, with the fan support and the financial package he has. Quite a step up from what he was used to.
It is concerning that his old school, coached by his former assistant, has not only not missed him, but have improved significantly since Mac left. UNI is now ranked 22 in the ESPN Power Rankings.
Every time I see UNI play, it's obvious to me we hired the wrong coach from that school.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
I agree - Coach Mac is very, very lucky to coach here, with the fan support and the financial package he has. Quite a step up from what he was used to.
It is concerning that his old school, coached by his former assistant, has not only not missed him, but have improved significantly since Mac left. UNI is now ranked 22 in the ESPN Power Rankings.
Every time I see UNI play, it's obvious to me we hired the wrong coach from that school.

You do realize UNI fans were calling for Ben's head, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.