Site upgrade and new features - 10/16/06

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Site upgrade and new features - 10/16/06
CycloneFanatic.com
Jeremy Lind

As announced earlier, I have added a new Photo Gallery to the website. As you may have noticed, tonight I took the site down for about 5 minutes tonight to install some speed and stability upgrades, as well as get the site ready for some additional features. Also done today was a quick change to the font size in the text editor and a darkening of the blueish-colored font throughout the site.

With that in mind, please let me know if you notice anything acting differently than it has recently.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I just wanted to say, Jeremy... thank you very much for darkening that text.... ahh, so much easier to read...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yup, love the site, layout, content, etc. Keep up the good work!

A while back I asked about the top of the site, from the horizontal menu bar up, being locked and when the site is scrolled - only everything below that would move.

Are you still considering/working on this design?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Yup, love the site, layout, content, etc. Keep up the good work!

A while back I asked about the top of the site, from the horizontal menu bar up, being locked and when the site is scrolled - only everything below that would move.

Are you still considering/working on this design?

Sorry I forgot to get back to you on that.

Currently I cannot do that because of the way I'm trying to integrate a bunch of different scripts/code. I will hopefully have it as a future feature that a person would be able to set in their preferences so they can have it scroll with the page or not, as well as decide if they want the countdown clock in the header, etc.

I'm trying to get a bunch of the new features set in place and then I'll make it so everybody has the option to enable or disable each of them on a per-user basis.

Thanks guys for the feedback, it's much appreciated! Afterall, if I don't know what people do and don't like, I can't improve it : )