Info: Situation on Credits

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I regret to inform you all that I'm not going to be able to get your credits back from last weekend.

Here’s why. With such a large database it will probably take a total of 15-20 hours to download and then re-upload the data. Also we will have to spend time merging the two databases together. So while we are doing all of this there will be new data and forum posts and credits accruing that would be missing once we uploaded the merged databases.

In simple terms, no matter what we do there’s going to be some missing data.

I'm sorry for the issues this may cause. We tried our hardest.

I will be giving out another credit "stimulus" package here sometime next week.

Thanks for your time.

Chris

Reactions: Angie

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
vader_no.jpg

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I actually lost a bunch of credits last Saturday, so no biggie. The upcoming credit bonus (HB celebration I assume) will only sweeten the deal!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks so much for the update, Chris! DB merges are the worst. :no:

S

st8

should we be worried about inflation chris? inflation of the CF credits anyway, you know you can't just fix all the fanatics problems by just printing more credits, or people will become dependent on your handouts. pretty soon we'll have welfare threads popping up all over (caugh..... CycloneErik.... caugh) begging for credits!!! what is the world coming too? CF credits used to mean something!! :jimlad:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
should we be worried about inflation chris? inflation of the CF credits anyway, you know you can't just fix all the fanatics problems by just printing more credits, or people will become dependent on your handouts. pretty soon we'll have welfare threads popping up all over (caugh..... CycloneErik.... caugh) begging for credits!!! what is the world coming too? CF credits used to mean something!! :jimlad:

I'm not proud. I can do it again.

Not looking for a hand up, just looking for a handout.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
I bet and lost all my credits (1,000,000) on the Iowa State vs. Texas A&M game, then I got it back when they changed the format of CycloneFanatic.