Sling Blue and Orange for Big 12 sports!( dont support SEC, OU, Texas)

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
This football season subscribe to Sling blue and orange. That gives you all the espn and fox channels for big 12. More importantly, it doesnt have SEC network. none of the little 8 should support ESPN (once we're not getting 37.5 million from them), and certainly not the SEC network. HULU, Youtube, and FUBO all have SEC network, which means if you subscribe to them you are sending dollars to Texas and OU.

Please dont.

I would cancel Disney(owns ESPN), but that would have me sleeping on the couch--or worse.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I really hope that the next Big12 contract dumps ESPN all together. Then I can Philo and not support them ever again.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I looked in to this earlier. The problem for Sling is that it doesn't include CBS Sports Network for the UNLV game. I think Youtube TV does.

• Winner
Reactions: SolarGarlic

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This whole thing is infuriating but I agree. I will be finding a way to cut SEC and ESPN out of my viewership.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
This whole thing is infuriating but I agree. I will be finding a way to cut SEC and ESPN out of my viewership.

In the past, I would casually watch games that interest me. Now, I will not watch a conference SEC game. Additionally, I will probably only watch ABC/ESPN branded networks only if ISU or a Big 12 team is playing that interests me. Otherwise, its going to primarily be Fox.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
In the past, I would casually watch games that interest me. Now, I will not watch a conference SEC game. Additionally, I will probably only watch ABC/ESPN branded networks only if ISU or a Big 12 team is playing that interests me. Otherwise, its going to primarily be Fox.
I haven't paid for cable in 15 years. I'm not sure there's much else I can do since I already canceled my ESPN plus thing last year for it being such a piece of crap service. I cancelled my Disney Plus subscription as well even though I actually really like that service.

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
I am definitely looking to vote with my dollars. I can cancel and add the streaming networks on an as needed basis. How many people watch College Football without a dog in the fight, or the NFL for that matter? It does happen, but man, the SEC/ESPN screwing over the Big 12, ACC, and Pac-12, and possibly the Big 10, can not be good for ratings for those fans outside the the SEC.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I am definitely looking to vote with my dollars. I can cancel and add the streaming networks on an as needed basis. How many people watch College Football without a dog in the fight, or the NFL for that matter? It does happen, but man, the SEC/ESPN screwing over the Big 12, ACC, and Pac-12, and possibly the Big 10, can not be good for ratings for those fans outside the the SEC.
Ya it seems really short sighted, but maybe that's the point? ESPN must know that traditional cable TV will be dead in 10 years. They're trying to bully the market while they can and lock it in before the paradigm shift. Gotta think that is going to burn them though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I looked in to this earlier. The problem for Sling is that it doesn't include CBS Sports Network for the UNLV game. I think Youtube TV does.

Really? It used to.

I'll have to figure something out for that night.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
This football season subscribe to Sling blue and orange. That gives you all the espn and fox channels for big 12. More importantly, it doesnt have SEC network. none of the little 8 should support ESPN (once we're not getting 37.5 million from them), and certainly not the SEC network. HULU, Youtube, and FUBO all have SEC network, which means if you subscribe to them you are sending dollars to Texas and OU.

Please dont.

I would cancel Disney(owns ESPN), but that would have me sleeping on the couch--or worse.

I hate TX, OU, and ESPN for orchestrating this but I'm not going to pay for an inferior product (Sling vs YTTV) just out of spite when those options still have most of the ESPN/Disney channels anyway.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I hate TX, OU, and ESPN for orchestrating this but I'm not going to pay for an inferior product (Sling vs YTTV) just out of spite when those options still have most of the ESPN/Disney channels anyway.

Yeah doesn't payment for those services still technically go toward those channels?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Yep, no point in switching if you're still getting ESPN channels even without the SEC network. Still money to ESPN to fund it, so no point to this.
Right. I also think we need to watch ISU (and other 7) on any and all platforms. Cutting out ESPN, for now, just proves their point. We are better off maximizing our viewership for ISU and increasing our value the next couple of years.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Right. I also think we need to watch ISU (and other 7) on any and all platforms. Cutting out ESPN, for now, just proves their point. We are better off maximizing our viewership for ISU and increasing our value the next couple of years.
Agree. Any streamed game is a data point for the teams you're watching. They'll be able to accurately detail the viewers for each ISU game. I'm even sure there's a geographic algorithm to determine odds the eyeballs are for one team or another. I think what is going to be most telling is the feedback on click advertising. If, during the game, you have an option to click on something 'Iowa', do it. But, be sure to ignore all TX or OK advertising.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
**** them. They would have us in the AAC. Idc what they want.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
**** them. They would have us in the AAC. Idc what they want.
So we should look for ways to reduce our viewership numbers to media partners, including ESPN? Ooooookay. @$#& em, but this isn’t about what they want, but what’s best for ISU in the future.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
So we should look for ways to reduce our viewership numbers to media partners, including ESPN? Ooooookay. @$#& em, but this isn’t about what they want, but what’s best for ISU in the future.
ESPN imo won't be driving that bus when it occurs. Amazon, google, apple, Netflix, then the networks imo will be the big players. We shall see I suppose but right now even our good metrics aren't being acknowledged by ESPN. What can we actually do to make our selves more attractive? Win.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron