Slowest week ever...

troyisu

Jan 13, 2011
Waukee
I'm trying to be productive this week, but keep reverting back to looking up stats, predictions, brackets, travel arrangements & bar options for KC...

26 hours till tipoff fanatics...can't get here soon enough!!

Reactions: cycloneted

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Next week from Monday - Wednesday will be worse!

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
frabz-Why-do-I-have-to-work-I-dont-wanna-c2f638.jpg

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
I'm trying to decide if I record the game on DVR and watch in HD at home, or try to stream it live from work, and risk distractions. Knowing that it's on at 10am, my time, is going to make the wait til 4 unbearable. Also, I won't be able to check in with Fanatics during the day. decisions, decisions.....

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm trying to decide if I record the game on DVR and watch in HD at home, or try to stream it live from work, and risk distractions. Knowing that it's on at 10am, my time, is going to make the wait til 4 unbearable. Also, I won't be able to check in with Fanatics during the day. decisions, decisions.....

I can't stand watching sports on a delay knowing things already happened. Hell if I get up to go pee and pause it for even a minute, I'll end up hitting the live button fairly quickly. So I would just stream it. I couldn't imagine waiting 6+ hours after it's already over.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
I am with you all. I am a teacher and counting down my days till Spring Break next week. I have to work tomorrow during the game, so I am having a "working" lunch with a bunch of my students and we are watching the game on my projector and surround sound in my classroom.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Next week won't be bad since it's spring break for me, but this week has definitely been one of the longer, more stressful ones in recent memory.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I am with you all. I am a teacher and counting down my days till Spring Break next week. I have to work tomorrow during the game, so I am having a "working" lunch with a bunch of my students and we are watching the game on my projector and surround sound in my classroom.

And the award for "World's Best Teacher" goes to mac4cy!

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
And the award for "World's Best Teacher" goes to mac4cy!
Yep. My fifth grade teacher was from St Louis and that year ('82) the Cardinals played the Brewers in the World Series. We basically had two weeks dedicated to baseball that year. We wrote papers and did science experiments and projects all on items related to baseball. Since the World Series wasn't on in prime time back then, he rolled a tv into the room and we all watched Games 1-3 and 6-7 in our classroom. Best two weeks of school EVER.

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
why cant all teachers be like you

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I woke up yesterday thinking it was Wednesday until I got to work. Even put the trash out in the driveway for pickup...

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
even worst when ur in high school

Perhaps you should pay attention in class and learn to spell properly so that you can get a job that isn't a total pain when you grow up. Get off my lawn while you're at it too!

Sorry, my dad instincts kicked in for a second. But really - the real world is nothing like high school. Enjoy it while it lasts, sunshine.