Small life hacks

rhino3382

Mar 6, 2012
15 min South of Hilton
I am not totally sure calling them life hacks is where I am trying to go with my description, but whatever. Anyways this thread is to post little things you have learned over time or even recently that most people are unaware of.

The Huxley south Casey's cuts their breakfast pizzas into 6's instead of 8's before putting in the warmer.

While shopping with the wife, I will surf for online coupons for the store we are in to pass the time. It makes the pain of shopping less, and has saved me a lot of money over the years

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
17un8ytjxuvhbjpg.jpg

More ketchup!

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
here is one that is Cyclone Basketball related…

When wondering how much to donate for a Men's Basketball parking pass to get the best value for your money only donate at the century level ($100). This is the lot closest to the corner of 4th St. and University. If you can handle the walking you will save yourself ALOT of time waiting in your vehicle and save a lot of money in the process. Between this season and last season the longest time spent sitting in my vehicle after a game was 10 minutes and that was after the KU games. The key to this tactic being effective is to park your vehicle towards the main drives down the parking lots. (allows for little to no backing up and a lot of times you can just pull right out from your spot and on to 4th St.

Last edited:

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

When wondering how much to donate for a Men's Basketball parking pass to get the best value for your money only donate at the century level ($100). This is the lot closest to the corner of 4th St. and University. If you can handle the walking you will save yourself ALOT of time waiting in your vehicle and save a lot of money in the process. Between this season and last season the longest time spent sitting in my vehicle after a game was 10 minutes and that was after the KU games. The key to this tactic being effective is to park your vehicle towards the main drives down the parking lots. (allows for little to no backing up and a lot of times you can just pull right out from your spot and on to 4th St.

Also leave the game with 3 minutes to go to beat the rush. *jimlad*

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames

if you continue to donate $100 you can save yourself even more time getting home because I don't think you'll be getting tickets in the near future.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Used to show up to the local taco bell right before close and order a small potato ole and a churros come in 4 pack and I think the potato ole packages are 2 pounds so they would just give me it all. Once I found this out I would do it a couple times a month #rebel

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I am not totally sure calling them life hacks is where I am trying to go with my description, but whatever. Anyways this thread is to post little things you have learned over time or even recently that most people are unaware of.

The Huxley south Casey's cuts their breakfast pizzas into 6's instead of 8's before putting in the warmer.

While shopping with the wife, I will surf for online coupons for the store we are in to pass the time. It makes the pain of shopping less, and has saved me a lot of money over the years

The lady at casey's in urbandale says they're going to larger sizes for only 20 cents more.

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
ive been really into this the past couple months, buffalo wild wings has a customer survey you can take online. save the code from your survey and you get 5 bucks off your bill. usually i use the same code over and over the waiters never really check it.

on wing thursdays i usually get about 15 wings with water. by the time i give them my 5 dollar off cupon my bill is usually 4-7 dollars. my lowest bill was 3.21 last week i ordered 12 wings with a side of ranch.

on the back of wendy's recipts if you take there inline survey you get 2 bucks off your bill. i order the double stack combo and a crispy chicken sandwhich and my bill is 2.72 every time! i cant eat that cheap by eating at home!

i believe mcdonalds offers a bogo deal on big macs, QP or any breakfast sandwhich if you take their survey!

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
I am a farmers daughter, raised on a strict diet of meat and potatoes. I have a love for mashed potatoes that goes past what is normal. My uncle taught me a long time ago to put just a bit of butter - pea sized - in the water and the pot won't boil over. This was truly revolutionary for me. I use that trick whenever I've got water on the stove.

Okay, this may not be a man's man life hack for CF but it's my little piece of heaven.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
I am a farmers daughter, raised on a strict diet of meat and potatoes. I have a love for mashed potatoes that goes past what is normal. My uncle taught me a long time ago to put just a bit of butter - pea sized - in the water and the pot won't boil over. This was truly revolutionary for me. I use that trick whenever I've got water on the stove.

Okay, this may not be a man's man life hack for CF but it's my little piece of heaven.

As a CEO of a major potato boiling corporation this little tip will save us billions! Brilliant!