So let me get this straight with Colorado...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
The Pac whatever is a better deal financially because of the NEXT TV contract not the current one.

The Pac-10 does not seem to be in a great position to get that huge NEXT TV contract. Their flagship FB program just got hammered by the NCAA, they couldn't poach the flagship programs from the Big 12, and the Big 12 took another big chunk out of the available network TV money.

cysid

Apr 30, 2010
The Pac-10 does not seem to be in a great position to get that huge NEXT TV contract. Their flagship FB program just got hammered by the NCAA, they couldn't poach the flagship programs from the Big 12, and the Big 12 took another big chunk out of the available network TV money.

I'd argue that since the NCAA sanctions didn't include a TV ban they are MORE attractive not less. The world loves a train wreck. People are going to watch them to see them get thier ***** handed to them.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'd argue that since the NCAA sanctions didn't include a TV ban they are MORE attractive not less. The world loves a train wreck. People are going to watch them to see them get thier ***** handed to them.

The novelty of that will wear off rather quickly...

cysid

Apr 30, 2010
The novelty of that will wear off rather quickly...

Yep, right about the time USC gets it's schollies back...

Also don't forget that the biggest benefit of USC's sanctions is UCLA. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Neuhiesel has UCLA at near the same level USC was with 2 seasons. People don't care if the big dog is USC or UCLA as long as there is one.

Something else to consider is the West Coasts tremendous advantage in thier time slot. They start thier afternoon games at 3-4 and thier prime time games at 7-8pm. This give them a HUGE advantage getting viewers. At 11-12 there is SOOOO much competition. You have people going to see thier own schools play and a half dozen other games on TV.

At 3pm central you only have 1 prime time ABC game to compete against, and the same goes for prime time. Plus all those people in the Eastern and Central time zones that went to thier own games are all comming back home and putting thier *** in front of their TV. If the Pac 10 can get two games a week on a national network (like Fox) they are going to be printing money.