So watching TBS NCAA after program....

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
And they just commercialed the show out. Only had 15 minutes of actual program and they skip all ISU coverage. F**k TBS.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
This is the kind of mistake that will keep you from moving up the Brett rankings. Bret44 doesn't make errors like this.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Fun factoid to come out of today's coverage- Carolina just got done playing their 33rd NCAA tournament game------in North Carolina. FFS

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
The ISU game is by far the least covered Sweet 16 game on Sat....least amount of highlights, and shortest time discussed...oh well, we play next Friday.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The ISU game is by far the least covered Sweet 16 game on Sat....least amount of highlights, and shortest time discussed...oh well, we play next Friday.

I know they're usually terrible at covering ISU, but I only saw a small article on The Gazette's site covering ISU's game. It read like ISU had played an exhibition game, and I'm not even sure if The Sweet Sixteen was mentioned.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I know they're usually terrible at covering ISU, but I only saw a small article on The Gazette's site covering ISU's game. It read like ISU had played an exhibition game, and I'm not even sure if The Sweet Sixteen was mentioned.

This is the one you must mean. Short diddy, and noting about the S16. Lame.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...ys-second-round-win-over-little-rock-20160319

However... Same kid writes this article, and it loaded with good stuff.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...-past-little-rock-for-sweet-16-berth-20160319

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop

The gazette is worse than the Rag.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Well, honestly, there was not a lot to write about, which is just fine by me. It is nice to see the Clones dominate someone for a change.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Well, honestly, there was not a lot to write about, which is just fine by me. It is nice to see the Clones dominate someone for a change.
Baffling that people don't understand this. Our opponent was Arkansas - Little Rock. This matchup wasn't UK - Indiana.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Baffling that people don't understand this. Our opponent was Arkansas - Little Rock. This matchup wasn't UK - Indiana.

I'm not asking for a front page article or something, but maybe a bit more since the writers are raving about how great it was that Woodbury benefited from being a cheap player in Iowa's win.

CraigCy

Mar 6, 2016
Bigger issue for this Gazette cub reporter is there is no spell or fact checking in his articles as they regularly feature mistakes. Have already sent sports editor and reporter a correction letter during end of regular season after reading yet another dumb mistake. It's not nitpick stuff either.

Prior to Big12 or NCAA tourneys he mentioned "2 of their losses were on the road in OT." With little effort in his regular assignment in "covering" the ISU team he'd know we swept TCU but lost on the road in OT to all 3 of the other TX schools.

Hope he didn't graduate from our journalism school as this would doubly embarrassing.

Only way for ISU to get front page is to lose or for Iowa's bball team to get bounced /especially now that their wrestling team got manhandled in NYC and women got beaten at home in WNIT. I guess they can start the in-depth coverage of Iowa women's field hockey team.

Their staff readily acknowledges their fanboy status for all things Hawkeye sports so isn't a huge surprise when UNI and ISU do well it is overlooked. Selling unlimited advertising along with limited edition Rose Bowl and 2008 Flood memorabilia seems to be the only thing keeping this paper afloat -if you pardon the pun. So we are lucky we have any coverage at all.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

I think Miami is getting about the same coverage. Two non-blue bloods, mid/upper seeds winning the games they're supposed to win. With 8 games Sat and 8 Sun it's not that odd to expect this.

But the local rags and zettes should be slobbering with fawning coverage this week. 'Specially if the Hoks and UNianthers lose, like is expected.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I'm more irritated they didn't go back to Seth Davis after the game so he couple explain what a door knob he was for picking ALR as his lock. Suck it Davis!

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I'm more irritated they didn't go back to Seth Davis after the game so he couple explain what a door knob he was for picking ALR as his lock. Suck it Davis!
The wife and I were also waiting for that and were really disappointed.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
The wife and I were also waiting for that and were really disappointed.

Typical on a national journalism stage. You get to say anything you want...then, when you are right come back to gloat. When wrong, say nothing. Didn't happen . Hit his twitter big time. Tell him he was wrong and it wasn't even close.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Part of the reason may be that prior to the game, Seth Davis made a big deal about ALR beating the Cyclones. He went on and on about it. So, CBS and its affiliates wouldn't want to embarrass their own, would they?