So what will the reaction be IF this season gets turned around?

At this low point of the season, what constitutes a RATIONAL "salvaged season"? (choose up to 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
Will we see the fan mood swing as dramatically in the other direction IF the season gets turned around?

On the players? On Coach Prohm? Future of the program?

• Funny
Reactions: dshindy

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
For me, win a Big 12 tourney game versus Baylor and then make the Sweet 16. Oh, and play Tech tough (no 20+ point blowout)

I was tempted to put lower expectations, but I keep telling myself that these are the same players that routed Kansas, won at Tech, won at KSU, won at Ole Miss. The pieces are there. They need to figure out what they are made of at this point. No more excuses for the team or the coach.

• Agree
Reactions: RonBurgundy

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Will we see the fan mood swing as dramatically in the other direction IF the season gets turned around?

On the players? On Coach Prohm? Future of the program?

If this team can get a couple wins in the Big 12 tourney or a couple wins in the NCAA tournament I would feel very good about our future. So a total of 2 post seasons (Big 12 and/or NCAA) wins would be my bar.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Get to a Sweet 16 and I pretend that they just folded it in at the end of the regular season because they had nothing to play for and they were saving it all for a postseason run.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Pull their heads out of their asses and at least play well against TT and in the conference tourney. Beat at least one good high major team on the way to the Sweet 16.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Win one in KC and make a sweet 16 and I would expect all of the "fire Prohm and his stupid tie" posters to all chip in to erect a statue of CSP outside Hilton.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I'd just be happy with a win on Saturday.

TO "turn around the season" It'd have to include a sweet 16 berth. Winning Saturday and the Big 12 tournament would be the easiest way to a better seed and make the Sweet 16 path, easiest

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Since the poll allows 3 responses, I chose (a) Beat Tech (b) one win Big 12 tournament (3) Sweet 16.

If neither (a) nor (b) happens first, I don't see anything better than 2-and-out in NCAAT anyway, and even 1-and-one is 50-50.

Winning conference title and going one-and-done wouldn't be the worst thing, compared to any realistic alternatives. I don't think we're capable of winning win 3 games in 3 days.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You'll see a boatload of "I told you" posts.

And. A whole bunch of people becoming ghosts.

I’ll be rootimg hard for them from my living room. None of it’s happening anyway. But it’s very fanlike to imagine.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
One or two more wins I think is a minimum. I don't know if it happens with Shayok hurt and the broken chemistry of this team.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
As long as they are Cyclones, I got their back.

For me, would love to see the team rebound and send the seniors out right against Tech.

Secondly, just beat smug face Drew and Baylor in KC.

Finally, get out of the first round in NCAA.

Anything beyond that is gravy, but would rather have a second win in NCAA (Sweet 16) than a second win in KC.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
I don't think it depends on wins and losses. We'll have to see a change in how the team is performing.
Agree with this. As a lifelong Cyclone fan I can deal with losing. When the team doesn't look like they care and can't stand each other it makes it hard for me to care about them.

I'm debating if I even want to watch the Tech game. It might be too depressing.

What we have seen over the last 3 weeks has been a good example of how to lose a fan base. If Hilton reverts back to being 1/3 full again, how or who would be required to turn it around again? Hoiberg did it last time.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Agree with this. As a lifelong Cyclone fan I can deal with losing. When the team doesn't look like they care and can't stand each other it makes it hard for me to care about them.

I'm debating if I even want to watch the Tech game. It might be too depressing.

What we have seen over the last 3 weeks has been a good example of how to lose a fan base. If Hilton reverts back to being 1/3 full again, how or who would be required to turn it around again? Hoiberg did it last time.

Well it won’t be Fred ever again. So we will need to find someone else.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron