So, who is Stuart Nezlek?

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Before you trash me, I know he's a 6'10" walk on from River Forest, Illinois and is one of the more enthusiastic on the bench but when you look at his bio it just says that in high school he was a two time member of the Dean's List. My assumption is that they saw him walking around campus and thought that at his height he would make good practice fodder. But I'm just curious if anyone knows him and can say whether he played high school ball and how he ended up on the team.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Before you trash me, I know he's a 6'10" walk on from River Forest, Illinois and is one of the more enthusiastic on the bench but when you look at his bio it just says that in high school he was a two time member of the Dean's List. My assumption is that they saw him walking around campus and thought that at his height he would make good practice fodder. But I'm just curious if anyone knows him and can say whether he played high school ball and how he ended up on the team.
After his freshman year, he realized he wanted to try to play college basketball, so he worked out that off season and emailed Fred Hoiberg asking if he could walk on. Fred said yes, and the rest is history. That's about it.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
There was a story done on him earlier this season. By the Ames Trib I think?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
He was a legendary pickup basketball player on campus too, always in the gym. I remember when I saw a picture of him on the plane to that overseas trip they had Coach Prohm's first season and I forwarded it to my son, who was a student at the time, and asked him who it was. He responded that Stu was someone whom he had played in pickup games with probably 25-30 times, and he was shocked he was on the team. I think that was part of his reception in Hilton, lots of the students knew him.

And the Daily article discusses his basketball past.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/article_712e95bc-c2f4-11e6-a319-a3e9ddae54dc.html

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
On senior night, he said he was in the student section FR year and decided he wanted to play college basketball. So he worked out, emailed Fred and earned a spot.

• Winner
Reactions: srjclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron